Confessions from the fuckwits

nosliw

Squid
Confessions from the fuck wits

Maiden voyage on a new build (2nd hand frame, new components) and on the trail I realised that one of the pedals started coming loose. After re-tightening a few pedal strokes away and its loose again. Had come to realise that it must have been loose for a while and that I've stripped the threads on a brand new crank arm. Didn't get a chance to test the bike and now I need a new crank arm. FMD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maiden voyage on a new build (2nd hand frame, new components) and on the trail I realised that one of the pedals started coming loose. After re-tightening a few pedal strokes away and its loose again. Had come to realise that it must have been loose for a while and that I've stripped the threads on a brand new crank arm. Didn't get a chance to test the bike and now I need a new crank arm. FMD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Painful. What crank was it?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is a bit shit, but it could be worse, you could be on fire.

I know Park says best results are yielded in solid alu arms, but the taper on the m8000 crank doesn't start for a while so I'd still give helicoil/timesert a shot if it were my good fortune.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Some time ago I tried (for the third or fourth time) to set a particularly recalcitrant rim up tubeless. Much swearing and wasted Stans goo later I gave up, reinstalled the tube and hurled the wheel back on the bike.

A few weeks (and two rides) later I've just noticed that the tyre is now on backwards...

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Practicing a few nice safe trials moves in the garage on a balmy Monday evening, what a splendid & dignified way to relax!

20160919_184438.jpg

cammas

Seamstress
Decided to pull my seat post out while working on the back veranda tonight, come part of the way out then stopped, grunting and groaning for a while all the way along getting the shits. Called out my youngest daughter, who just turned 16, to hold the bike while I try and get it out while trying not to give myself haemorrhoids,it was stuck fast tried a couple different sprays still nothing started getting worried it is a Syntace P6 Carbon and I didn't want to damage it.
She goes "hey dad tried hot water that might help" I grumbled and put the kettle on poured the water on the steel frame till the kettle was nearly empty and seat post slid straight out, she then says "you should've tried that from the start "
Now feel like a fuckwit with sore arms:frusty:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Decided to pull my seat post out while working on the back veranda tonight, come part of the way out then stopped, grunting and groaning for a while all the way along getting the shits. Called out my youngest daughter, who just turned 16, to hold the bike while I try and get it out while trying not to give myself haemorrhoids,it was stuck fast tried a couple different sprays still nothing started getting worried it is a Syntace P6 Carbon and I didn't want to damage it.
She goes "hey dad tried hot water that might help" I grumbled and put the kettle on poured the water on the steel frame till the kettle was nearly empty and seat post slid straight out, she then says "you should've tried that from the start "
Now feel like a fuckwit with sore arms:frusty:
But a proud dad right?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'd been noticing on my last couple of rides on the duallie that the fork was way too stiff; it did nothing on small bumps, and even stuff like flat landing off smallish jumps was only using up about half of the travel. Had another look today, and found I'd been using the wrong compression guide for the amount of travel on that particular fork. Let out about 30 psi and it actually works properly!

moorey

call me Mia
I'd been noticing on my last couple of rides on the duallie that the fork was way too stiff; it did nothing on small bumps, and even stuff like flat landing off smallish jumps was only using up about half of the travel. Had another look today, and found I'd been using the wrong compression guide for the amount of travel on that particular fork. Let out about 30 psi and it actually works properly!
Using a guide rather than feel....you're in the right place :kiss: