2DIEs bikes

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd post all my bikes in the same thread rather than making separate thread for them all, I've had 9 bikes this year, this morning I had 8 bikes but 2 went and now I have 6 left.

GT Chucker
Giant STP
Fuji ???
DBR BSX
Norco ???
GT Avalanche (not pictured)

All in various states of repair/building.

I'll update as I make progress.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Swapped some cranks on the Fuji and a I'm considering making it a single speed, just need to get a chain tensioner.

Last edited:

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Picked up this today for the forks, got it home and found out the forks are rooted. Wasted money.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Cheers, the hanger is there but it's bent. The bike didn't come with wheels so I just chucked those on to see what it looks like with wheels.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I put a new chain on the BSX and adjusted the gears, everything is working well.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I was told it's a Norco when I bought it, but I don't know what model.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Cleaned up the Giant Thermo a bit and temporarily put my good forks on it until I find something else, also some mismatched disc wheels.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I got a chain tensioner to turn the Fuji into a single speed.

And a stem to use on the STP but I recently found the frame is out of alignment, so I'll just use the STP for spare parts now.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Passed the BSX on to someone else today, I liked it a lot but it's too small for me and too good of a bike to break up to use the parts.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I got a Mongoose Fireball/Hardball frame and some RST Dirt forks in the last week.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Picked up another STP today, it needs a little work but it's a keeper.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Changed the bars and stem on the STP, it appears the brakes are leaking fluid. I'm not sure if it's worth fixing or if I should get new ones.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Funny thing about the old Hayes brakes...they deliver the on/off grab it hard felt that a lot of people want. Not me...I like some modulation.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I have a house inspection soon so I sold these 3 today as unfinished projects.

Last edited:

2DIE

Likes Dirt
That always hurts.

How is the brake search going
?
Just waiting for some money at the moment, the guy is coming to pick the bikes up in the weekend but he pulled out on buying the blue Fuji.

I'll likely go with the SLX brakes but I'm not 100% sure yet as they are nearly as much as the bike they are going on.