What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Pulled my bike apart, cleaned and lubed everything in preparation for ignition. I’m planning to ride before ignition though wanted to beautify my ride... Also dropped the 34/24 chainrings and put on a new to me One Up 30T oval chainring.

Hit the Youies today. Hero sand after a bit of rain. The trails were great!

IMAG0900-2000x1500.jpg

I don't know if I'll be doing much to the rig before Ignition. Just putting the chain guide on and a change of tyres for the shuttle day at the Youies next Sunday to see how they go before Ignition. I might give it a wipe over too...

New wheelset - Stans Flow MK3. For the dh/enduro type outings.
Grabbed an Aggressor 2.3 for the rear to pair up with Magic Mary on the front.
Can feel the extra weight of the combo but hopefully a bit more bombproof in the rough stuff.

Still trying to workout a more XC tyre combo for the carbon giant hoops. Rear currently sporting a Rock Razor but front has nothing. Need to choose something and throw it into crc basket with the ice tech rotors.... and flats......and other things that tickle my fancy. $ keep going up.:suspicious:

Took out a demo bike from Onya Bike - 2018 Trance 1. Alloy model with GX Eagle and Fox 34 Elite.

What a beast! Way heavier than my carbon Anthem obviously and more work, but point it downwards at rough rocky and scary stuff and oh my god! I’ll try the carbon version next weekend, but don’t have a good reason to not get one - except maybe the 2018 Canyon range being uber cheap...

40281b8d7416783c519bb88351b69c3f.jpg

Found a crack in my old uturn lyrik lowers...now on search for "new" forks.... what a hassle.... #firstworldproblems

Was running 1.5 straight steerer so no easy swap and go....

To the internet!

Hit the Youies today. Hero sand after a bit of rain. The trails were great!

View attachment 341206

I don't know if I'll be doing much to the rig before Ignition. Just putting the chain guide on and a change of tyres for the shuttle day at the Youies next Sunday to see how they go before Ignition. I might give it a wipe over too...

I don't recognise that spot at the Youis. Sure I've ridden it a 1000 times though. Weird seeing a trail from a different perspective than you're used to.

Is that a jogger on the board walk?

I don't recognise that spot at the Youis. Sure I've ridden it a 1000 times though. Weird seeing a trail from a different perspective than you're used to.

Is that a jogger on the board walk?

That was a shot from the junction where Travs splits with Turbulence and the guy on the trail was looking for an axle bolt that fell out sometime in the day that day, he wasn't even sure if it was on the ride or not...
youies.jpg

Had a decent ride out at the Youies for the first time in three weeks. I've started a new job that's very physically taxing, so I've been too rooted to ride, but I'm getting more used to it now.

It felt good to get back out there!

822e38e6b110c6a734530ebe84937d4c.jpg

Fitted a new chain guide and taco. Funn zippa lite. Seems really good quality, lightweight, modular setup, cheap. Bashgaurd even comes with a spare taco.

We rode Blores Hill today, and yesterday too… and had a hoot. I’d finally got around to fitting the correct softer spring in the forks of my wife’s bike, and she was flying, doing tons of stuff she’s never done before… and we’ve ridden Blores many times… so the improvement was very apparent.

The new flow bit of BMT is amazing. Plus we finally worked out how to make a figure of eight of the new BMT flow bit and Wednesday by linking them with Switchback. I could ride those two trails endlessly.

Put a new saddle on the anthem (antares R5) plus a 100mm stem which i attacked with acetone to get the decals off.
also upgraded to a praxis 11/40 cassette and a 32 NW front ring.

IMG_4391.jpg

Was yesterday - nice hardtail session out at Stromlo. Forget how fast this bike can be sometimes.

IMG_2512.JPG

Changed out the end caps on my front hub from normal to torque caps, now it's a fair bit easier removing and replacing the front wheel

stinky.jpg

Picked up a 2008 Stinky frame with Totems and DHX5 on the weekend.

Started pulling the frame apart and a thorough clean. Sussing out new bearings.
Will keep me busy the next few weekends :whistle:

Back