What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
So they say it'll take a 2.4.... Nope, touching both sides.

IMAG0943-2000x1500.jpg

Threw on a top guide too. Funn Zippa Lite.

IMAG0945-2000x1500.jpg

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode Arthur’s Seat/Red Hill today... great fun. Pine Climb is more fun going up than you’d think... dunno why, must be the focus on the switchbacks. Then beer and a swim in the bay. Perfection.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Really? They seem properly baggy on my Rovals (22mm internal):

xking.JPG

I run 'em at 21f/23r, they don't have a bucketload of sidewall support but are very supple which is great for a hardtail with 100mm forks. Plus, I'm not even running the tubeless version & have had no big issues at all.

I still prefer a heavier-duty tyre on the dually though.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt

View attachment 341345

I run 'em at 21f/23r, they don't have a bucketload of sidewall support but are very supple which is great for a hardtail with 100mm forks. Plus, I'm not even running the tubeless version & have had no big issues at all.

I had them out this morning at Anglesea (think buck-shot iron pebbles and baby-heads). They were actually all but useless. The sooner they wear out the better.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah but what would work there?

My new one up front is grippy as anything on my trails:

Today, another quick blast on the MTB plus “glued in” my mates bearing:

Even the oversized Enduro bearing rattled around like a bag of bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 341345

The sidewalls are stiff and hard like plastic, nightmare on a 26". Running them tubeless, they burp all the air out when you corner hard and the whole tyre rolls on the rim and becomes skatie. The knobs flew to bits within a week of riding.

20160602_154750 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Jesus - my experience is totally different to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I nearly cried at $70 a tyre. I was unable to run anything under 32psi or it would just burp all the air out of the rear tyre mid ride. Not sure if it's partly the cause from the rims but it doesn't happen with maxxis or schwalbe

Rode the final fling yesterday, only did the half, found it really tough going and a bit disappointed at how I went.

I guess at least I wasn't last.

Maybe I can make a better fist of the bobbo next year.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Got a puncture on the rear on the inner join of one of the outer knobs.

Stan's Race sealant (yeah that thick version one where the dude puts the knife through his tyre and it seals) couldn't seal it. Quite a small puncture but I guess the location and angle might be causing an issue :noidea:

Only two weeks ago I removed the tyre, cleaned it and filled it with a generous amount of sealant.

Used the glue from a repair kit on both ends and it seems to be good ... so far

BT180

Max Pfaff
Got a puncture on the rear on the inner join of one of the outer knobs.

Stan's Race sealant (yeah that thick version one where the dude puts the knife through his tyre and it seals) couldn't seal it. Quite a small puncture but I guess the location and angle might be causing an issue :noidea:

Only two weeks ago I removed the tyre, cleaned it and filled it with a generous amount of sealant.

Used the glue from a repair kit on both ends and it seems to be good ... so far
Bloody tyres. I've just destroyed two Minion DHRs (one with DD casing) on rocks within 3 months, so today I've just taken delivery of a Huck Norris. That, plus a slight bump in psi will hopefully end my trail-side cussing.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Bloody tyres. I've just destroyed two Minion DHRs (one with DD casing) on rocks within 3 months, so today I've just taken delivery of a Huck Norris. That, plus a slight bump in psi will hopefully end my trail-side cussing.
I hate to mention it but wouldn't running tubes and a little more psi achieve the same thing and be cheaper and lighter?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
I hate to mention it but wouldn't running tubes and a little more psi achieve the same thing and be cheaper and lighter?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
No, I ride in a rocky area with big hits and would use a Maxxis Freeride tube @307g, plus the extra psi would make the rear feel like crap. Even though i'm upping the pressure slightly from usual, it will still be less than what i would run with a tube and feel far better.

The HN is only 75g.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Rode to the top of the Blue Teir from Weldborough up the old track, a fair bit of pushing involved in some sections but quite enjoyable even on the 160mm Nukeproof. The ride back down the new blue teir track was awesome it's in perfect riding condition and rolling very fast.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk