What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
How did you do it and did you clear coat it after with anything?
I bought it burnished from @spartan_s so you will have to ask him. Looks like it was sand blasted though, and a good job at that. Hardly any paint residue and the headtube and bb shell are within spec.

I've covered most of it in 3m helicopter tape, which gives it a bit of protection, a nice low sheen and makes cleaning easier, but still allows the alloy to weather which is nice.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought it burnished from @spartan_s so you will have to ask him. Looks like it was sand blasted though, and a good job at that. Hardly any paint residue and the headtube and bb shell are within spec.

I've covered most of it in 3m helicopter tape, which gives it a bit of protection, a nice low sheen and makes cleaning easier, but still allows the alloy to weather which is nice.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Looks nice. Am thinking of doing the same to my bike as the paint is pretty scratched up from previous owner.

spartan_s

Likes Dirt
gents
the bike was paint stripped with a chemical stripper from any auto store. then soft WET sanded (1000grit around a small sponge)
then you wipe it over with a chux green scrubber - the finish by now should be an almost satin polish look.
then get a SUPER thin strand wire wheel on a fast cordless drill and SLOWLY run it over the whole frame in ONE direction.
then in the opposite direction put it on a 45-degree angle and quickly pulse it up the frame/part/swingarm etc
gives it an effect which reflects in a different light
that SAM came up a breeze as it has straight lines. they refllect this procedure the best
takes a whole day to do. and only about $40 in materials etc

Z

Zaf

gents
the bike was paint stripped with a chemical stripper from any auto store. then soft WET sanded (1000grit around a small sponge)
then you wipe it over with a chux green scrubber - the finish by now should be an almost satin polish look.
then get a SUPER thin strand wire wheel on a fast cordless drill and SLOWLY run it over the whole frame in ONE direction.
then in the opposite direction put it on a 45-degree angle and quickly pulse it up the frame/part/swingarm etc
gives it an effect which reflects in a different light
that SAM came up a breeze as it has straight lines. they refllect this procedure the best
takes a whole day to do. and only about $40 in materials etc
Have you done anything like that with Fork lowers? Asking for a mate.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Purely for Aesthetics!
I'm a pretty boy, not a gram counter...jesus!!
A painter I follow on Facebook has painted a few fork lowers, I could put you in touch and see what process he did with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cleaned my bikes , they were a bit muddy . Hopefully get out Sunday and Monday into either Wombat Forest - would like to give Harcourt mtb a look also .

Jpez

Down on the left!
About to load it onto the car for a day at iRide, that's what!
I’m hanging out to get down there. Something(family) always gets in the way though as it’s basically an entire day with the drive there and back. It’s hard enough scrounging up half a day once a week to get to the Youis.
Does it close down over winter time?

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
New tyre day for the beefy wheel set. 2.5 DHF 3C on the front and 2.3 DHF Exo on the rear. Changing from Magic Mary /Aggressor combo that I have run for last 8 months. Change to DHF-a-thon was mainly because loving the DHF /Ardent combo on the carbon wheels with the DHF being the standout.

Got out on the Prime. I've been playing with the X2 settings and landed on what feels like nirvana. If I thought it was a good bike before, it's stunning now. I just never want to get off it.

My poor Remedy is gathering dust...
Pardon my ignoramusness, what are "X2" settings ?

Oh I walked past mine on the way to work, but it's been pissing down anyhoo.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Second ride on the Stumpy today, with the NSDynamics rebuilt Rear Shock/Brain. Yesterday I installed it and just set sag, and the rebound and brain to mid way each, as a starting point. It was OK, but not right, pushing the front. So today, adjusted the sag on the front, which was low, dunno why, back to normal, and the bike felt great.

How good are NSDynamics? A week turnaround and my bike feels like a new toy again. I’ll keep tweaking, but it’s pretty good as it is.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How good are NSDynamics? A week turnaround and my bike feels like a new toy again.
I tried them a year ago and wasn't overly impressed. Tried Cyclinic on my Remedy 'fro Re: Aktive shock and they were excellent.ive a Fast Cartridge on my Fox 34 which needs some love so may need to let NS handle it. Encouraging to hear you like them.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pardon my ignoramusness, what are "X2" settings ?
The settings for HSC and LSC on my Fox X2 which I have on my Prime. Air up from 200 to 220, HSC at 16 from firm and LSC at 8 from firm and its like a different bike.

I let a couple of mates have a quick pedal and they all agree it rides like a much lighter bike. It's unreal.

Forcing myself to ride the Remedy tomorrow if I can get out of the garage without staring at the Banshee...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I think it’s time you say goodbye to the remedy...... or atleast swap the frame out to a spitty or rune. You too can be a small brand bike whore! If the

Can confirm cyclinic as being good. Sent my forks from sydney to them on monday for a service, got my forks back on saturday. They fixed the bodgy work sola had done when I had them lowered, at no extra cost aside from the new seals. Forks feel much better from my short pedal this afternoon. Very impressed.

And the jellybeans were a nice touch ;)