Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
This is nuts!

“I hope you liked it,” Trump said. “I thought it was good.

“I showed it to him today. Actually, during the meeting – toward the end of the meeting – and I think he loved it.”
This is how idiotic Trump is. He thinks the film is "to be liked".

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Not being able to participate in joint force adventures with South Korea without the fat little dude getting pissed.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Kim already gets pissed about them though, they’ve threatened war now for 50 plus years each they exercise. How has that changed?

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And this:

It’s utterly ludicrous that he is president.
He can’t even say the same thing in the same breath. Other night Trump says, I don’t need to prepare for the meeting with Kim, then in the same breath says he’s been preparing for it for a long time.

That he thought the film above was great shows a lot about how shallow he thinks.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
There's a more sinister thing going on with all this 'openess' between the two sides.
A lot of these vague treaties have been signed before & nothing much concrete happens... but what KJ is slowly trying to do is legitimise & normalise North Korea.
The more he tours other countries and meets their leaders, the more he smiles for the cameras & removes a couple of missiles here and there, and the more he is seen to be a 'reasonable' negotiator, the more he will slowly become less mega-dictator - hermit - monster fruit cake. He knows this. People have short memories. (Especially Donald)

Exactly the same thing has happened with China - the world seems to have forgotten that China is not democratic, freedom of speech does not exist, dissident citizens are kidnapped or enslaved in secret camps, wages & conditions are terrible. The Tibetans are still occupied by a Brutal Chinese ARMY, the Delai lama cannot return. China's adherence to basic human rights is laughable.
But you now hear many politicians speaking about China as if they are a legitimate member of the global community (not in my book they are not).

Watch this space and you will see North Korea very slowly become tolerated... and then as soon as trade avenues open up suddenly everyone will forget about humanity in the race to make a profit from the world's cheapest labour..... again.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
There's a more sinister thing going on with all this 'openess' between the two sides.
A lot of these vague treaties have been signed before & nothing much concrete happens... but what KJ is slowly trying to do is legitimise & normalise North Korea.
The more he tours other countries and meets their leaders, the more he smiles for the cameras & removes a couple of missiles here and there, and the more he is seen to be a 'reasonable' negotiator, the more he will slowly become less mega-dictator - hermit - monster fruit cake. He knows this. People have short memories. (Especially Donald)
You think that South Korea and Japan are just going to forget that North Korea has nuclear weapons?

Also, if other nations don't care about your nukes then they end up serving no purpose, so what would be the point in doing that? who would they be meant to be deterring or coercing?

Exactly the same thing has happened with China - the world seems to have forgotten that China is not democratic, freedom of speech does not exist, dissident citizens are kidnapped or enslaved in secret camps, wages & conditions are terrible. The Tibetans are still occupied by a Brutal Chinese ARMY, the Delai lama cannot return.
Our own foreign minister made comments about the benefits of democracy just a week or two ago when discussing China. Political leaders make statements about Tiananmen every June 4th, Australia is pushing back very hard and passing legislation about the way the Communist Party tries to censor Chinese language press, students and social groups in Australia, the Voice of America still broadcasts into China, the Liu Xiaobo issue is still a cause for concern as are Chinese academics that detained when they return to China. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Wages are terrible? Wage inflation has seen a huge amount of manufacturing move to Vietnam, Bangladesh, East Africa, Mexico, etc. Chinese GDP per capita is orders of magnitude away from where it was 15 years ago, the middle class has grown into the hundreds of millions and is the reason why China is now the second largest economy.

Think of it this way, ignoring China is not going to make it go away or loosen the authoritarian hold that it has on its own people. Trading with them allows them to develop. Under Mao there were deaths due to famine in the tens of millions as well as up to 6 million brutalised in the Cultural Revolution. When Deng Xiaoping opened China up citizens were allowed to travel, study overseas and expand their own businesses. Now they have their own stock markets - shitty as they are - massive entrpreneurship, over 50% of the country urbanised, loosening of the one child policy, etc. etc. Of course, they are turning the screws on the legal classes and Xi is not moving in a good direction. But what do you think ignoring them and lecturing them that they should be more like us would achieve?

stirk

Burner

Exactly the same thing has happened with China - the world seems to have forgotten that China is not democratic, freedom of speech does not exist, dissident citizens are kidnapped or enslaved in secret camps, wages & conditions are terrible. The Tibetans are still occupied by a Brutal Chinese ARMY, the Delai lama cannot return. China's adherence to basic human rights is laughable.
But you now hear many politicians speaking about China as if they are a legitimate member of the global community (not in my book they are not).

Watch this space and you will see North Korea very slowly become tolerated... and then as soon as trade avenues open up suddenly everyone will forget about humanity in the race to make a profit from the world's cheapest labour..... again.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Totally agree with this and sadly there is not enough done by world powers to see China improve its human rights and embrace democracy. Didn't the Chinese President get some laws passed which allow him to rule forever? Probably even pass the baton of power to whomever he wants. So corrupt, sadly they may own half of Australia. (Exaggeration but won't be long.....) And when I say 'they' I mean the Chinese elite who are likely part of the whole corrupt leadership team.

What did he gain, aside from a distraction from shit going on at home?
Trump gained some nod nod wink wink from Kim to build some hotels on his lovely beaches in the future.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I don't think being right or having more right to do something has ever been a restraint on any of the Kims.

And what's the worst they could do, threaten war on South Korea and the US? That's just a return to the status quo.