What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of work on both bikes. New wheels for the Solaris. New bearings throughout on the Primer.

Still waiting for a few more bits in the mail to finish off the hardtail

Jpez

Down on the left!
Bought a coil shock for my Megatrail about a month ago. Was a little bit impressed.
Today I thought I would run the original air shock the bike came with.
All I can say is i am sold on coils. It felt like I was skating around on marbles on the air shock today. Just didn’t realise how damn comfortable, smooth and grippy it is.
I’m a convert and the coil is going straight back on tonight.
Only thing I found as a positive with the air is I could boost to the moon with the air shock. Overshot a double by about two meters today.

goobags

Likes Dirt

RWC Needle roller bearing kit installed on the lower shock mount for the Lappy. Bought it as I’m hoping it will help prevent the shock mount bolt from coming loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@Oddjob it took you all night to do to a bike what a 3rd grader does to their entire set of schoolbooks in an hour (in different colours)?
Go and hold your Nicolai. It's crying because it now knows what true love looks like.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oddjob

@Oddjob you need a more attractive backdrop. That’s hideous.

But, looking good man.
Shutup. That caravan is worth more than you in the North African white slave market. Don't ask me how I know.

Oddjob

My son is trying to learn bunny hops, so gave him a demo over his little brothers bike.

Also started to fine tune my setup. So a couple of full travel tests while the kids played at a park :)

Seth's bike hacks has a really good video about learning to lift for gutters and then using that weight movement to bunnyhop. Its a bit more intuitive then the 'kangaroo hop' method.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
So I just learnt the black dial is low speed compression adjustment. Fail. Well I won’t be putting in any more low speed compression damping as that will make the high speed even worse. Also not running less air pressure as I’m already around 25-30% sag depending if you look at shockwiz dynamic sag or static sag.

From the shockwiz I only had one ‘deep compression event’ and considering what I was riding today it probably not that bad. I guess the idea that bottoming out a fork is a bad idea and you should have some travel left for the oh crap moment. The oring seems to get pushed up most of the way give or take a few mm.

Where are you getting the Fractive installed and how much is it setting you back? I have been looking at the Push kit for a while but held off as the Luftkappe was more interesting and cheaper but now I have it in upgraditis has kicked in even though I’m now happy with the fork.

Edit: just realised Push kit is for CTD only - rah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked it up on Facebook buy sell from someone upgrading. I was going to install it myself with dampner rebuild but am going to check with nsd for price first due to kinda can't be arsed.