Little Things You Hate

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is plenty or e-bike options for the sealed surface.
True! Speaking of GNBN or GCN and the likes. One of the ex-pro roadies did a ride with a current pro while riding an e-roadbike. Still got his ass kicked lol

I think unless you've got some sort of disability that necessitates something like an e-bike then you're better off saving your cash and buying a normal bike. Yeah you'll suffer on the climbs to start with, but it'll get better, and you'll get fitter. If you really didn't want to hurt then why the hell did you get into mountain biking in the first place!? Use that saved money and do some shuttle days if you hate peddling so much.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Shut up Mr Phil, you can’t stand in the way of progress with that logic.

We didn’t buy mtbs because we don’t want to ride motorbikes, we bought them because we’re scared of riding motorbikes. So now we can buy small, shitty underpowered motorbikes and rebuild our ego’s.

Progress! Now shut up and consume

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
A guy at work does marathon running. He pushes his hero diet onto other people and bags some folks out for grabbing a kebab on pay day, real jerk of a thing it is. He's recently started running on some fire roads locally and has found some of the single track a nearby club has in their permit to maintain. They've marked the loop with some obvious bunting at intersections on the track so everyone sticks to the same loop and doesn't stray onto some of the rutted out moto lines. The marathon runner has started a Facebook chat group and invited tons of like minded runners to join him at certain times to run around this trail and he's gone and marked it with his own plastic bunting and the entire direction is the absolute opposite direction of the bike trails. He see's an arrow pointing towards a climb or descent so he goes the other way. He has the attitude that it's his forest to use as well and like all other big headed moron's too engrossed in their own world, he thinks that just because there's a line on damn Strava that he can run it whatever way he likes.
Now, that all seems okay yeah? Its not really bothering anyone? Well, now he intends to rip the signs down that Forestry have put there describing the bike trails and he is planning to pull the course markings down so it doesn't interfere with what his running group wants to achieve on Strava. He's telling me all this because he thinks it's macho to talk smack to a mountain bike guy and he says to me that I need to tell my people (bike riders I guess?) that the forest is there for everyone to use and (.....get this) we should give way to the runners. I just laugh, all I can do is laugh. I said to him that I don't maintain those trails, I build gravity trails and only ride the XC trails socially for fitness etc. He asked what my trails are and said he could try running up them on weekends. I said nah, you're putting your hand in the bear's mouth there and shouldn't even consider it. He reckons he'll suss it out, find some stuff on Strava then run it backwards to get a trophy on it 'cause no one else has done it. ....................
Riddle me this: Does anyone care for your Strava running award when you're either in hospital with a broken nose and cheek bones because the trail builder on the XC trails flogged you? Equally, does it count when you're in a wheelchair because your ego got you in the path of a guy doing 60km down a marked trail and you were in his way and put him in hospital?
What a moron.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The trail runner can be a very aggressive breed.. If you force them to stop their garmin they lose their shit..
I had one recently, on a freshly cut mtb trail, crack the utter shits that he had to stop and give way to me (night ride downhill around a cnr). Huffed puffed and slapping his thighs pissing on about having to stop after I rode past.
I do the occasional trail run and always give way to the bigger faster users on 2 way tracks..

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ah strava, the bane of a trail builders existence.
Jesus H Fucking Christ, I'm hearing ya!
SCBlack is spot on, he's a tri guy as well.
Little bit of backstory to it; I've had run in's with this dipshit at work for ten years, even threw him into a filing cabinet one day when he was mouthing off after I asked him to keep his nose out of the sales side of the business (He's a handy man kind of guy at work). He has a short fuse and blew up so I felt the desire to let him know I think he's a fuckwit and launched him. My boss intervened and thankfully I kept my job. Plenty of water under the bridge a few years later and I get along purely for my own sanity, no point in me putting energy into people like him with bigger problems. He does try to get along as well but fails miserably when he goes on with shit like this.
Make no mistake though, I'll drop that motherfucker if he is running on my trails endangering my homies.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Make no mistake though, I'll drop that motherfucker if he is running on my trails endangering my homies.
I hope so. You’d be doing us all a favour.

I always hated dealing with the tri guys/gals that’d come into the shop. Imagine my disdain getting dragged up to port maquarie for the ironman and having to listen to the inane shit they spouted about mtbing over dinner when some of em found out I rode (thanks Mrs. Ultra). Fml, never again.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I hope so. You’d be doing us all a favour.

I always hated dealing with the tri guys/gals that’d come into the shop. Imagine my disdain getting dragged up to port maquarie for the ironman and having to listen to the inane shit they spouted about mtbing over dinner when some of em found out I rode (thanks Mrs. Ultra). Fml, never again.
Oh man, that would not be a situation that I would handle very well. Let me guess; they knew everything and they think every dual suspension bike is a downhill bike? GRRRR!
I was once asked via a generic email if I'd like to help the Port Mac guys out by volunteering my time to marshal the triathlon and boost the image of my scene in Coffs Harbour, I replied with FUCK OFF.