Little Things You Hate

scblack

Leucocholic
Define "real world". Define "stuff". Explain why making and selling stuff is more valid than other occupations?
I'm a beancounter, I have no physical output whatsoever. Thus I have no need to justify anything here.

Real world. This is the place where your corporate presence is at genuine risk. If we don't sell stuff, corporation fails and jobs are gone. We are not cosseted by government policy and taxpayers funds. Consequences are Real.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Lol. That’s an amusingly narrow view of the world.

That’s just your world guys. It’s not “the” world.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
so what do you actually do aside from complain all the time? what contributions do you actually make to anything?

you fly around the world knowingly wasting money that isn't yours, admit such, and bitch about it here. fuck off with your "narrow view" shit. That's why you have a bad reputation. That's why public servants are a laughing stock, incredible inefficiencies and an obscene amount of job justifications.

You rag on blue collars all the time, cop it back brosephine and have a laugh.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
@Binaural Ummm, if you want to extract any actual performance from a Tesla, you'll get about 10-30mins driving time. Then hours of charging.
Really? I test drove a Model X a few months back and was blown away by the performance of it, although it was only a 1 hour jaunt around the city.

With the Superchargers the time taken to top up the batteries are minimal, these are not something you plug into a powerpoint at home like your riding lights.

Haakon

so what do you actually do aside from complain all the time? what contributions do you actually make to anything?

you fly around the world knowingly wasting money that isn't yours, admit such, and bitch about it here. fuck off with your "narrow view" shit. That's why you have a bad reputation. That's why public servants are a laughing stock, incredible inefficiencies and an obscene amount of job justifications.

You rag on blue collars all the time, cop it back brosephine and have a laugh.
Lol. Touched a nerve?

We constantly butt up against the private sectors “efficiencies”... Contractors and privatised services we used to do in house at a fraction of the cost.

Besides, it’s my money too. I pay taxes. And the accountability protecting against “waste” is way higher than private sectors. My time in the “real world” saw rorts and tax games and wastage at levels that make the most corrupt politician blush!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Lol. Touched a nerve?

We constantly butt up against the private sectors “efficiencies”... Contractors and privatised services we used to do in house at a fraction of the cost.

Besides, it’s my money too. I pay taxes. And the accountability protecting against “waste” is way higher than private sectors. My time in the “real world” saw rorts and tax games and wastage at levels that make the most corrupt politician blush!
Roflmao

scblack

Leucocholic

And this is why no one takes you seriously here. You put a question up, it is answered by a couple of people validly and you attempt to dismiss it. Your only input here is to be a whining bitch about literally everything in your life - including your own regular fuckups. We can only sit back and laugh.

I am just soo happy not to be part of the world you inhabit.

scblack

Leucocholic

I do believe you're actually serious.

I'm with UltraLord - Roflmao

Haakon

And this is why no one takes you seriously here. You put a question up, it is answered by a couple of people validly and you attempt to dismiss it. Your only input here is to be a whining bitch about literally everything in your life - including your own regular fuckups. We can only sit back and laugh.

I am just soo happy not to be part of the world you inhabit.
But it wasn't valid - it was just your view of things. Valid for you of course, but you tried to extend it to being a truth for everyone. How is that reasonable?

I could just as easily respond that your only input is to be a bit of redneck, but we don't bitch about that. Much...

Anyway, I bash the public service as much as the next guy, but this constant elitist crap of "i make stuff therefore Im the only real maker of wealth and am due all the respects" is boring and poorly based in reality.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@scblack I've worked in all levels of government, the non government sector, and private sector, some largest to smallest businesses on the mix. Some of those roles have crossed over with yours - the accounting of monies. So I feel offended that you feel the ability to claim you are the bean counter to end all beam counters! I truely am the bean counter...1kg of beans in the hopper, 20g of beans in the basket, 30-45g of bean juice into the cup. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Keep waste down. Manage stakeholder expectations. Frown. Mumble. Smile. Make inappropriate joke. Glare blankly at incompetent colleague. Fuck I hate small talk. There is a lot of beans in those kilos, how many beans do you count? I'm not going to count them out but I might run a model to project an estimate.

@Haakon I think we call your thread "Canberra salt". You can be salty in it and also put the good salt in. It cuts both ways...hire a sweet bike in Norway. Ride it lots, eat a giant deer like animal, feel small at the sauna, pick up with some cliche hot and horny blond twins, live large.

LTIL? My phone autocorrects beans to beams. I must use the word beams about 2 times a year...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My MEC Group revenue is about $10bn worldwide.

We actually make, buy and sell stuff in the real world, we don't just make models. Can ANY public servant say that?
Ever used a road, hospital, tap or school? Ever rung the cops, ambos or fireys? Any idea of the asset bases to support these services? What do you think the lead times are on major projects? Any idea where the money is going to come from? My models make a difference in the real world.

I've managed a team of accountants putting together budgets and strategies in a corporate environment and trust me, this is harder.

One person is responsible for $18bn in revenue? I'm sure hundreds of thousands goes astray without you even noticing...
Hundreds of thousands no. Tens of millions is where we start to assume it's not within a reasonable margin for error. What I can do about it is another matter entirely.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk