Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I used a relay box for my trailer lights wiring... Current draw from the signal connection to the cluster is too little for the canbus to notice either way.

This is not possible on more modern cars though that rely on the canbus knowing a trailer is there for disabling reverse sensors and enabling special calibrations for stability systems...

Can you just install the resistors on the trailer itself?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
No idea. I would probably keep the trailer and scrap the Alfa.
It is bloody nice to drive though... Also, won’t ever tow with the Alfa - twin dry clutch transmission.

Megane is a conventional torque converter job, but lights connection is mostly for the bike rack ;)

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Type 3 coach built ute conversion getting a bit of grunt to it....
EJ20 dump......had to fab up some gearbox struts, only place to run fans, Aeroflow rocks
Thought I saw that for sale a while back. Change of mind or couldn’t find a buyer?

binner

Hath shat hymself
Thought I saw that for sale a while back. Change of mind or couldn’t find a buyer?
change of heart...couldnt let it go ..and got new life to do the subi conversion in it....4th conversion ive done now, got a kombi lined up after this, then a baja with a 2.5 subi to dump in....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Off road racing buggy, just a pipe framework. About 450mm of suspension travel at the back and maybe 350 at the front. Datsun twin cam bored to just under 1.5L, can't remember the engine code but it was a 1200 to start with, was a loooong time ago. Twin 45 DCOE Webers, idled at about 2,500rpm and revved happily to 12,000. No restraints on fitting, just weld in brackets where they needed to go. Pod mounted radiators and oil cooler with thermo fans. No pics unfortunately, lost in the hundred moves I have done since. Did a couple of Goondiwindi and other races.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Type 3 coach built ute conversion getting a bit of grunt to it....
EJ20 dump......had to fab up some gearbox struts, only place to run fans, Aeroflow rocks
Very cool, wouldn't mind seeing the finished project, goodluck with it, not enough utes anymore.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Long way to go with this project. The little engine in my avatar pic is going in it eventually.
It's been keeping you busy.

Waiting for the inaugural 6am on a future Sunday morning tyre smoke filled neighbour fun fest.
<Too old and sensible for that maiden voyage>