AM Mean green DVO/Liteville Machine

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
15 years in and I've never come across a spongey hope brake and I've had plenty of them. Are people using the braided or standard lines when they get said sponge feeling?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
15 years in and I've never come across a spongey hope brake and I've had plenty of them. Are people using the braided or standard lines when they get said sponge feeling?
It's a relative thing. I run braided lines on all of my Shimano's and do a full vacuum bleed, so they are rock hard.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Vacuum bleeding Guides makes a night and day difference to the feels. Regardless of how gently I handle DOT fluid, it's chock a block full of air fresh from a sealed bottle.

Wouldn't be hard to make a plate with a hose fitting to blank off the Hope reservoir and vacuum bleed me thinks. But no hopes here ATM.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Wouldn't be hard to make a plate with a hose fitting to blank off the Hope reservoir and vacuum bleed me thinks. But no hopes here ATM.
You can buy one. Hope have a fancy schmancy bleed kit that has a blank plate and a reservoir that screws intot the top.

Incase you didn’t wanna faf about on the mill.

Oddjob

How do you vacuum bleed your shimano?
Fill syringe with mineral oil, put thumb over hose opening to block firmly, gently retract plunger, watch air bubbles appear out of nowhere, and push air bubbles out once they've reached the top.

Check all hose fittings are tight. Use cup on lever and push oil from caliper up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Espresso generally has pretty low caffeine levels.

I'm having trouble visualising this. Any chance you have some pics or is there a video on you tube?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ahhhh...so this is just about ridding the syringe of air before attaching to the bike? I do that already. I was trying to work out what part of the brake you were putting your finger over and why you wouldn't just leave it closed! Or that there was some trick to be done as per the last moments of bleeding avid brakes and drawing back on their sealed system to suck out the last few bubbles. This was a good feature of their brakes.

It's going to be wierd with that shock linkage rushing up and down in front of your balls all the time...

Oddjob

It's going to be wierd with that shock linkage rushing up and down in front of your balls all the time...
No weirder than a spinning wheel as is currently the case most of the time I'm descending.