The gaming thread

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
anyone been playing world war 3 here?

I just got it yesterday and it's great. It does has issues as its still in very early access but im really loving the gameplay, it's sort of a mix between battlefield 3 and 4 but a more realistic.

Tanks are legitimately deadset frightening and a good hit to the head ends you quickly, you've also got different types of rounds, some work better on flesh and some work better on Armour and there's 3 different types of Armour for your head and chest.

Customization of weapons is also pretty good. If ya wanna get silly you can have two laser pointers on the rifle, a primary iron sight with a scoped secondary iron sight.

Here's a review of the game https://www.pcgamer.com/world-war-3-is-a-more-hardcore-battlefield/

If you've been yearning for a proper and more hardcore bf game and you can deal with the early access stuff, this game is it.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
well perhaps I'll check out the Steam/ Proton avenue - seems to work.

I mostly xbox these days anyway.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Word of Warning: Fallout 76
There is 330Mb on the disc and the rest is a 51Gb download!
Based on our home download speed that will be.... this time + 1/2hr tomorrow

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Word of Warning: Fallout 76
There is 330Mb on the disc and the rest is a 51Gb download!
Based on our home download speed that will be.... this time + 1/2hr tomorrow
Are you enjoying it? I loved Fallout 4, but I am old, stubborn and hate change so I can't say I am overly interested in an online version of fallout.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Ah damn, that’s a huge download - but it seems more and more common these days....

I picked up FarCry 5 for $36 yesterday, so RDR2 plans are on temporary hold

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Ah damn, that’s a huge download - but it seems more and more common these days....

I picked up FarCry 5 for $36 yesterday, so RDR2 plans are on temporary hold
So doing a little reading/ research, the actual install off the disc is 45Gb (doesn't show this) then the 51Gb is a Day 0 "patch" bring it to roughly the same size as RDR2 with a 2 disc install

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yeah, I'm only a couple hours in. Do enjoy the cultist hymns blaring out of different cars and bases etc - creates a pretty good feel to the game. I haven't really done any missions yet, just capturing bases and general anarchy.

Its good having a dog as well.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Physical discs can't have a much longer lifespan, by the time they are manufactured and distributed, the publisher has rewritten the entire game...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fallout 76 is ace! Don't be puyt off by the online agenda; you can play the game without needing to interact too much but teaming up with randoms to get a quest done is cool.
I hope the patch reduces the need to eat and drink so often but I get the survival aspect of it. I'm level 12 now and it does become much more interesting and obvious once you're underway.
So far, its all the good things of Fallout and more, she's gonna consume some time in my gaming lounge thats for sure. ;)
I'm on PS4 and would enjoy some online stuff someday if anyone is keen on Fallout 76?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Fallout 76 is ace! Don't be puyt off by the online agenda; you can play the game without needing to interact too much but teaming up with randoms to get a quest done is cool.
I hope the patch reduces the need to eat and drink so often but I get the survival aspect of it. I'm level 12 now and it does become much more interesting and obvious once you're underway.
So far, its all the good things of Fallout and more, she's gonna consume some time in my gaming lounge thats for sure. ;)
I'm on PS4 and would enjoy some online stuff someday if anyone is keen on Fallout 76?
Yeah if I ever get the patch loaded before they issue another one....