The gaming thread

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Fallout 76 is ace! Don't be puyt off by the online agenda; you can play the game without needing to interact too much but teaming up with randoms to get a quest done is cool.
I hope the patch reduces the need to eat and drink so often but I get the survival aspect of it. I'm level 12 now and it does become much more interesting and obvious once you're underway.
So far, its all the good things of Fallout and more, she's gonna consume some time in my gaming lounge thats for sure. ;)
I'm on PS4 and would enjoy some online stuff someday if anyone is keen on Fallout 76?
Games growing on me.... it's taken a few days. No having the clear story elements and NPC's to interact with is a bit meh.
Worked out how to block annoying C&*ts yesterday after a run in with another user....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Hence the key word growing...
It is and is't the same as previous versions, as mentioned above it's online and open sandbox with no driving storyline.
There were issues with the beta and day 0 releases, and as I mentioned the install size is close to 100Gb all told with the first patch.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Games growing on me.... it's taken a few days. No having the clear story elements and NPC's to interact with is a bit meh.
Worked out how to block annoying C&*ts yesterday after a run in with another user....
I love it. It's basically just Fallout 4 in another place but with random encounters with other people. So far, I've had almost nothing to do with other people but I don't care, I want the single player element anyway.
I am massively frustrated with the game crashing though. I'm talking it goes black, drops out to the generic Sony error screen and asks me to report the issue. Its really bad and is spoiling a great game but Bethesda are planning to do some updates over the next couple of weeks to hopefully cure this problem.
There is a lot of bandwagon-bagging going on with lots of people getting caught out that are saying they hate it but haven't actually played it. Thats the world we live in though.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I love it. It's basically just Fallout 4 in another place but with random encounters with other people. So far, I've had almost nothing to do with other people but I don't care, I want the single player element anyway.
I am massively frustrated with the game crashing though. I'm talking it goes black, drops out to the generic Sony error screen and asks me to report the issue. Its really bad and is spoiling a great game but Bethesda are planning to do some updates over the next couple of weeks to hopefully cure this problem.
There is a lot of bandwagon-bagging going on with lots of people getting caught out that are saying they hate it but haven't actually played it. Thats the world we live in though.
Interesting, I've not had any connectivity drops so maybe just lucky...
I've run into all sorts of people so I think it depends on the area you lurk in

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Interesting, I've not had any connectivity drops so maybe just lucky...
I've run into all sorts of people so I think it depends on the area you lurk in
Whoa, no drop outs? I've had it disconnect from the server a heap of times (I'm wired in to the PS4, not wifi but am running on NBN which has been junk). The biggest issue for me is the actual drop out of the whole game crashing, driving me nuts!
In regards to other people, I'm pretty thorough with areas I go and I'm level 14 but still basically around the areas south and south east of the first overseer camp. I've had lots of other people in the game but not to interact with in a quest for example. I plan to though, just not keen on getting into a quest with someone then randomly drop out, gotta show some etiquette where I can, too many jerks play online.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Whoa, no drop outs? I've had it disconnect from the server a heap of times (I'm wired in to the PS4, not wifi but am running on NBN which has been junk). The biggest issue for me is the actual drop out of the whole game crashing, driving me nuts!
In regards to other people, I'm pretty thorough with areas I go and I'm level 14 but still basically around the areas south and south east of the first overseer camp. I've had lots of other people in the game but not to interact with in a quest for example. I plan to though, just not keen on getting into a quest with someone then randomly drop out, gotta show some etiquette where I can, too many jerks play online.
Xbox One, non-NBN, wireless... so go figure.
Currently Level 9 and lurking to the west of Morgan Town

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Xbox One, non-NBN, wireless... so go figure.
Currently Level 9 and lurking to the west of Morgan Town
Wowsers, give me back my ADSL any day. :(
I've just arrived at Morgan Town airport but found the power armor just south of it and ventured back to my camp to stash it for a bit. I'll head back that way tonight I think.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What makes them jerks?
For me, its in driving games. People who play mindlessly just to wipe you out. I don't get why people would try to antagonize someone they'll never see a reaction from.
So far, I haven't had many jerk-esque encounters on Fallout 76 but none of them have accepted my offer to trade either. I've had one group team up to defeat a feral ghoul swarm then shoot each other dead. Jerks.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That's just the nature of the game though!
You should start with something like RUST, then it wont hurt so much when people turn on you because it's expected.
'Carn mate, I'm not a nine year old. I want precise honest results! ;)

RDR2 everyone is a tad lippy in this game, and I'm reacting like Marty McFly if everyone greeted him as Marty McChicken, so my karma sux.

But I found an easy way to bring it back to the good side, ah yibbida yibbida.