Little Things You Hate

Binaural

Eats Squid
LTIH: those stupid e-bikes that some city commuters use. It's super annoying to be overtaken up steep hills by some bloke wearing tracksuit pants idy turning the pedals, then held up on the other side on the way down.

slowmick

38-39"
I got rounded up by the postie the other morning on the bike track. Full highlighter yellow rain suit and a full load of mail straight from the distribution centre - went zipping past not pedalling - only saw a couple of pedal strokes to get out from the underpasses. Left me for dead in a few hundred meters. No noise at all.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Helicopter parents (of 31 year olds) and shit people.

I'll try and keep this short, but I've been bottling this shit up for a good few weeks and need to vent! Back around easter, a house we were one day away from settling on fell through. We had already given notice on our rental and had nowhere to go, so my best mate who is away on his honeymoon very kindly offered that we could housesit his place while he was away. My mate is not much of a dog person, but when I checked and double-checked, he said he was happy for our 2 dogs to stay at the house. About halfway through moving everything into storage, his parents turn up at our old place and began subjecting my partner and I to a haranguing about how the dogs will ruin the $9k floor and the lawn and that my mate's family knows him better than I do, etc. To top it off I was finally accused of ruining his honeymoon.

Because my mate was already doing us an enormous favour and I didn't want to cause any bad blood, I explained to his folks that I understood their concerns and even though my mate had personally told me it was ok for the dogs to stay, I would find another place for them once we'd finished moving our things and I had time to ask other friends and family. They seemed happy with that and left. But, that was just the start. After moving another trailer load I got back to our housesit to find my partner in tears after having been harassed again and told that tomorrow wasn't good enough; the parents wanted the dogs gone by that night. Never mind the fact it was getting late, we'd just spent the entire day moving with no external help, and my closest family live 1.5hrs away. No; stopping a yellow patch on the grass was more important.

Two visits in person was enough for me... but not for my mates' parents. I spent a total of 1.5 hours over 3 phone calls that day with what I can only describe as a hysterical lunatic, literally crying over the phone for her son's precious floors and lawn, and again telling me I had ruined his honeymoon and passing on secondhand information from their other son (my other best mate) who they said sided with them and wouldn't raise his alleged concerns with me directly for fear of 'damaging the friendship.'
I called my sister, who agreed to take the dogs, despite also nursing a 6 week old baby. It was so late by the time I got home I didn't message my mate's parents to say the situation was all sorted.

The next morning I woke to a call from my parents who told me they'd received a call from my mate's parents about the whole situation. That was enough to push me over the edge. I was fucking livid. I couldn't believe that people I'd known for 18+ years couldn't trust me to sort out a situation on my own, didn't contact me first and felt the need to involve my parents, while also having no regard for the situation we were going through as well as allegedly acting for people too afraid to talk with me.

In summary, the dogs stayed in the backyard of a mate's place, who had agreed to have them, for a few hours on one day while we moved our entire lives into storage. His parent's harassed my partner and I twice physically and three times verbally, jeopardised 18+ years of friendship and vetoed their 31 year old son's decision, all over 2 dogs in a backyard.

The mum apologised for her behaviour the next day, which I accepted, but man, it's hard to go back from here. Some people are so fucked in the head.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

I'll try and keep this short, but I've been bottling this shit up for a good few weeks and need to vent! Back around easter, a house we were one day away from settling on fell through. We had already given notice on our rental and had nowhere to go, so my best mate who is away on his honeymoon very kindly offered that we could housesit his place while he was away. My mate is not much of a dog person, but when I checked and double-checked, he said he was happy for our 2 dogs to stay at the house. About halfway through moving everything into storage, his parents turn up at our old place and began subjecting my partner and I to a haranguing about how the dogs will ruin the $9k floor and the lawn and that my mate's family knows him better than I do, etc. To top it off I was finally accused of ruining his honeymoon.

Because my mate was already doing us an enormous favour and I didn't want to cause any bad blood, I explained to his folks that I understood their concerns and even though my mate had personally told me it was ok for the dogs to stay, I would find another place for them once we'd finished moving our things and I had time to ask other friends and family. They seemed happy with that and left. But, that was just the start. After moving another trailer load I got back to our housesit to find my partner in tears after having been harassed again and told that tomorrow wasn't good enough; the parents wanted the dogs gone by that night. Never mind the fact it was getting late, we'd just spent the entire day moving with no external help, and my closest family live 1.5hrs away. No; stopping a yellow patch on the grass was more important.

Two visits in person was enough for me... but not for my mates' parents. I spent a total of 1.5 hours over 3 phone calls that day with what I can only describe as a hysterical lunatic, literally crying over the phone for her son's precious floors and lawn, and again telling me I had ruined his honeymoon and passing on secondhand information from their other son (my other best mate) who they said sided with them and wouldn't raise his alleged concerns with me directly for fear of 'damaging the friendship.'
I called my sister, who agreed to take the dogs, despite also nursing a 6 week old baby. It was so late by the time I got home I didn't message my mate's parents to say the situation was all sorted.

The next morning I woke to a call from my parents who told me they'd received a call from my mate's parents about the whole situation. That was enough to push me over the edge. I was fucking livid. I couldn't believe that people I'd known for 18+ years couldn't trust me to sort out a situation on my own, didn't contact me first and felt the need to involve my parents, while also having no regard for the situation we were going through as well as allegedly acting for people too afraid to talk with me.

In summary, the dogs stayed in the backyard of a mate's place, who had agreed to have them, for a few hours on one day while we moved our entire lives into storage. His parent's harassed my partner and I twice physically and three times verbally, jeopardised 18+ years of friendship and vetoed their 31 year old son's decision, all over 2 dogs in a backyard.

The mum apologised for her behaviour the next day, which I accepted, but man, it's hard to go back from here. Some people are so fucked in the head.
Chunts. PM me their address, and I'll nip around and play nude twister on their front lawn. As an added bonus, I'll leave a few yellow patches as a reminder of their largesse.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
That's pretty average...get safreek to go round so his hound can lay a few giant dog eggs on their lawn , might need to feed Burt a beef rendang before hand though just to get things moving.

LPG

likes thicc birds

Fucksakes!

I came in here to complain about people constantly driving with their high beams on blinding you or shining it in your rear mirror. 10 years ago it was rare for people to not dim their beams. Now it seems its rare to not have my rear view flicked away to not get the beams in my mirror on the way home from work or wharever if its dark.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Fucksakes!

I came in here to complain about people constantly driving with their high beams on blinding you or shining it in your rear mirror. 10 years ago it was rare for people to not dim their beams. Now it seems its rare to not have my rear view flicked away to not get the beams in my mirror on the way home from work or wharever if its dark.
Elbo’s had a shit time, but your post is still valid.

Fuck those guys.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Fucksakes!

That's when you aim your rear vision mirror directly in their eyes, you know when it's at the right angle because they no longer tailgate you.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fucksakes!

It’s probably their low beams. But because every other fucktard these days drives a UAV with the head lights at the height of your rear view mirror low beams are the new high beams.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
It’s probably their low beams. But because every other fucktard these days drives a UAV with the head lights at the height of your rear view mirror low beams are the new high beams.
Tadah

LTIH: my newly acquired car has this technology activated..... in Europe only. It’s physically in the car but deactivated for the AU market.

LTIL: somewhere the some car fans with VAGCOM who have slowly been working out how to access and get it working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Tadah

LTIH: my newly acquired car has this technology activated..... in Europe only. It’s physically in the car but deactivated for the AU market.

LTIL: somewhere the some car fans with VAGCOM who have slowly been working out how to access and get it working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a similar system in my car (not a VAG product, legally active in Oz). Lots of individual LEDs in a matrix that individually turn on and off to isolate oncoming cars.

Works well most of the time, and on a dark road you can actually see 'the dark patch' move as it picks out the oncoming car.

Occasionally it doesn't work though, and after a few flashes from oncoming traffic I don't use it much. It seems sensitive to how close the other lane is, usually dual carriageway with a bigger divide is what confuses it.