Trust performance linkage fork

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got a link, Summit Man? I can't see how you could influence axle path on a fork without it being linkage driven...
I was wondering about that too. I assume if you tilt the stanchions back (relative to the wheel axle) it would create a dynamic trail figure on compression?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
If you put the axle in line with the end of the stanchions (instead of offset in front of the stanchions) and you then angle the stachions forward to give you your offset (and reduce trail) you will see offset reduce as the fork compresses (e.g. Trail increases). This will occur any time the stanchions are not parallel with the steerer tube.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
If you put the axle in line with the end of the stanchions (instead of offset in front of the stanchions) and you then angle the stachions forward to give you your offset (and reduce trail) you will see offset reduce as the fork compresses (e.g. Trail increases). This will occur any time the stanchions are not parallel with the steerer tube.
So the uppers and stanchions are not parallel with the steerer tube, but rather angled forward?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Good vid but couldn't help but notice how quickly he glossed over potential brake dive. Yes, my technique is probably shite like he suggests - but fork dive still does exist, and is a lot more relevant a concern on a short travel fork like this IMO.

Regardless, I find this fork fascinating and would love to get to ride with one... Not feeling like paying the priceof admission though!
My understanding is that brake dive is less with a Trust ... not more ... but I thought his point was that brake dive isn’t an issue with Tele forks anyway so this benefit isn’t a massive benefit for him anyway.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Apparently the Trust fork has been discounted already, which is probably indicative of how well they’re selling. That will please all those early adopters, although they get some crappy credit as compensation.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
pricing is a funny thing ... I reckon you’ll find it’s like the Hope Tech price changes on their frame.

Maybe it’s because it’s not selling, but maybe it’s also because their sell thru is higher then they thought so they reduced their time frame for cost recovery becuase their per unit sell thru associated with the cost recovery was higher then expected? Phew ... I can’t be arsed rewording that ... but you get what I mean innit?

It’s prolly a mix of both.

Re: credit
+700 USD buys a lot of caps and t-shirts that you prolly didn’t want to buy with your fork ... lolololz ... maybe there is a shock on the way soon that you can spend the credit on.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Yeah got any links or pics or anything?
Not to hand, but you can draw it and the effect fairly easily. There's probably some tech drawings from motorcycles. We used to play around a lot with adjustable offset at the axle and also varying offsets using different triple clamps. I'll google some stuff up if I get a chance.
So the uppers and stanchions are not parallel with the steerer tube, but rather angled forward?
Yeah that's basically it.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
What do you think the reason is that absolutely no slider fork on the market today has a product built like this?

Is it perhaps because without a linkage-driven-like curve (j-curve) it doesn't work?

It certainly not that the bicycle industry doesn’t like to innovate...

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
But their market doesn't like anything that looks weird.

I don't doubt they work, but they'd look odd and possibly about to break to the casual observer.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
View attachment 352771

Pinkbike went and got all of Rotorburn to skip this article with rather poor phrasing of the first two words in the title.
Check out sdurant12's rather detailed review down further in the comments. Not sure what to think. I want Sam Hill to ride it and tell us how it is because last time i checked my suspension fork wasn't for going up hills.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I've held one of these in my own hands.

Very light (significantly lighter than 150mm Fox 34 - held side by side), feels super sturdy and the construction is great.

It does look wierd on the bike in photos, but a bit less-so in person.