Trust performance linkage fork

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I look at that seatpost, which is slacker than the head angle (actual) and just can't help but think there had to be a better way to have it clear the swing arm. Or even go the way of an Orange and drop the main operational part of the linkage infront of the seattube instead of yoke'ing it out.

Might have a play with photoshop when I get home.
Unironically, that bike with that fork does the B-grade movie thing, where it looks so awful that it starts looking cool again.
Yeah, Nah. Still freaking ugly. (insert Barf emoji here)

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Looks like it's only got about 15mm of rear travel @Zaf... perfect match for that Trust fork now.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I watched that review - pretty interesting actually. If it was available in a longer travel variant it might be more appealing to a bigger crowd, but the aesthetics... it looks like something you wear after you’ve done your ACL.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
IF they came in a 150 travel or 160 AND less than 2k MAYBE
no way am i putting a fork desiged for 130 mm travel bikes on a 160 travel bike..
i mean i COULD turn my bike into the 140mm trail version then add the trust fork.. but fuck in over more than the cost of frame alone then

i would dig one on my zerode

madstace

Likes Dirt
Lots of insight in this test:

I like how they basically threw away any of Trust's marketing spiel and took it on face value. As a result, its a proper review with the good bad and ugly. I especially like how they've called out that the idea of 130mm working for all different bikes is basically BS. Hopefully Trust can stop inhaling their own farts long enough to take some of the feedback and make a kick arse v2.

EDIT: Also, the price! They need to fix that...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This is a great explanation vid:

And we get to see the jack rabbit in action...
Good vid but couldn't help but notice how quickly he glossed over potential brake dive. Yes, my technique is probably shite like he suggests - but fork dive still does exist, and is a lot more relevant a concern on a short travel fork like this IMO.

Regardless, I find this fork fascinating and would love to get to ride with one... Not feeling like paying the priceof admission though!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good vid but couldn't help but notice how quickly he glossed over potential brake dive. Yes, my technique is probably shite like he suggests - but fork dive still does exist, and is a lot more relevant a concern on a short travel fork like this IMO.

Regardless, I find this fork fascinating and would love to get to ride with one... Not feeling like paying the priceof admission though!
In layman's terms, he's saying "just don't suck bro!". Guess it's easy to blame an issue on poor technique when you're basically a pro.

But the fork does look good in operation. Probably not for a 160mm enduro bike like his hd4 but on a trail bike, probably really nice.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
What's interesting is that you can build telescopic forks that have increasing trail (eg. reduced offset) as they get deeper in their travel. Indeed, the old RS forks like the Quadras were like this. German Answer forks are still like this. If increasing trail deep in the trail was such an awesome thing, it will be very simple for telescopic manufacturers to modify their crowns and lowers to provide this. Typically, the faster handling trait as the bike gets deeper into travel that a conventional telescopic fork provides is good for cornering (but also bad for stability on a harsh landing). It's all compromise.