Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
For people that aren't high electricity uses it's barely worth fitting solar to the roof, it will take more than 10 years to get the money back and by then it will need replacing and who knows how much more you've needed to spend on repairs and maintenance.
I always wonder how much electricity other people are using, because every single electricity bill I've ever received puts me below the consumption of a 'single person household' and there's 2 of us.

This is from our last bill. An average of 15.61kWh per day, and Energy Australia claims the average consumption for 2 people is 29.29kWh per day (double!).

Contradicting that is the data below I found for our area in Albury, which puts us on par with most other households over winter:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I always wonder how much electricity other people are using, because every single electricity bill I've ever received puts me below the consumption of a 'single person household' and there's 2 of us.

View attachment 356085
This is from our last bill. An average of 15.61kWh per day, and Energy Australia claims the average consumption for 2 people is 29.29kWh per day (double!).

Contradicting that is the data below I found for our area in Albury, which puts us on par with most other households over winter:
View attachment 356086
How did they get data from 621 years time? Can you get next years newspapers?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

View attachment 356085

View attachment 356086
I looked my current billing cycle is up, I figure this relate add to the winter months. I'm averaging 5.54kw per day for a single person. Everything here is electric except my stove top.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I looked my current billing cycle is up, I figure this relate add to the winter months. I'm averaging 5.54kw per day for a single person. Everything here is electric except my stove top.
That's bloody low.
We are running gas stove top and heating and the hot water is gas/solar combo. 2.5kw solar system on the roof and we delay all our washing, dishwasher, etc until the sun is running the panels.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
that's because you are never home, and you make your coffee on "The Boss's Time!"
I wish. I prefer coffee the way I make it at home.

That's bloody low.
We are running gas stove top and heating and the hot water is gas/solar combo. 2.5kw solar system on the roof and we delay all our washing, dishwasher, etc until the sun is running the panels.
Wash on cold. Shower with hot though. No TV. Haven't ever used a heater. Ran air con once last summer for a few hours to facilitate an unexpected nooner. Low watt lights. Etc... Etc. I could get it down a bit more if I was better at remembering to not use all the lights in all the rooms at the same time. House is also pretty small terrace.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anything that heats or cools generally uses a lot of energy, like dishwashers that heat the water, house heaters, microwaves, Aircon, toasters, clothes dryers.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
People are getting soft.
Now everyone has to have a diesel heater when camping , house heating to 26 deg in winter + cooling to 20 deg in summer .
Some friend's houses I now find unbearably hot in winter.
Another factor is that peoples increasing obesity makes them feel the summer heat more.
There is this male bogan fashion for wearing shorts whatever the conditions.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
People are getting soft.
Now everyone has to have a diesel heater when camping , house heating to 26 deg in winter + cooling to 20 deg in summer .
Some friend's houses I now find unbearably hot in winter.
Another factor is that peoples increasing obesity makes them feel the summer heat more.
There is this male bogan fashion for wearing shorts whatever the conditions.
When we were camping in Cunnamulla you could pick the Victorians, they were wearing shorts and big heavy coats in -2C!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Crappy old truck, bet it’s not euro 6

the devil is in the detail
If it's an old truck, unless it has a brand new shiny engine, no it wont be E6.....more likely to be "Whats a Euro?"
was there supposed to be an image with that statement..didnt come out!