Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Greta speaks science. Everyone else speaks stupid rhetoric:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/23/greta-thunberg-speech-un-2019-address

Days after millions of young people joined protests worldwide to demand emergency action on climate change, leaders gathered for the annual United Nations general assembly aiming to inject fresh momentum into efforts to curb carbon emissions.
But Thunberg predicted the summit would not deliver any new plans in line with the radical cuts in greenhouse gas emissions that scientists say are needed to avoid catastrophic climate breakdown.
“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words,” a visibly emotional Thunberg said.
“The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line.”
Science doesn't compromise, doesn't give a shit about politics - science is the truth.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Do a burnout, ya cunt:

I think our YouTube feed algorithm does similar things, watched that last week.

The day after I watched it someone at work was whinging about cost of living pressures in Australia and I made some semi rude remarks about anyone whinging about life here needs a slap/reality check. Try being be a rubber farmer worker in Cambodia and then tell me about how high your taxes are ffs...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

The day after I watched it someone at work was whinging about cost of living pressures in Australia and I made some semi rude remarks about anyone whinging about life here needs a slap/reality check. Try being be a rubber farmer worker in Cambodia and then tell me about how high your taxes are ffs...
Well given that those farm workers are barely paid, I'm going to say my taxes are a lot higher than theirs. Which is unfair.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Well given that those farm workers are barely paid, I'm going to say my taxes are a lot higher than theirs. Which is unfair.
There's a lot of people in Australia worse of than a person in a third-world country through all the bureaucratic crap, imagine being a farmer and seeing people waste water washing their cars in the city while they don't even have any to drink themselves.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There's people here in Qld towns where the councils has just cut off the water on them, some of them can't even go to a collection point to get water or they can buy it in a truck, if they can afford it that is. Have a look at the comments of people trying to claim NDIS on this post. NDIS

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Let's talk about the water issue - I've not read much about towns running out of water. What can you share?

NDIS is another topic. That FB story seems light on detail.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Let's talk about the water issue - I've not read much about towns running out of water.
There's a few communities in northwest NSW and SE QLD (west of the Divide) that have water supply issues. Primarily it's because old infrastructure and antiquated water management practices have been found wanting in the face of current drought conditions.

Quite honestly, there's not enough paying customers out here to justify the usual user pays mentality of water infrastructure development...so it often doesn't happen. And then there's the usual human capacity for dumb decisions.

Our town dam was empty a year back. It still is. So we finally got a supplementary bore field and pipeline - only cost a couple of million .

Town is now well supplied but quite a few locals want the wall of the dam raised too. That sort of work almost always means a new dam given the age and height of the current one...more money.

This town has just over 3,000 people. They whinge every year about their water rates... they'll whinge even more when they realise they have to pay to maintain all this fancy new stuff that's been gifted to the council.

The lack of basic resilience in this country at times never ceases to amaze me.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Let's talk about the water issue - I've not read much about towns running out of water. What can you share?

NDIS is another topic. That FB story seems light on detail.
I can't find the repeat clip I seen but it had the weather presenter Garry Youngberry in it and it was inland from Caboolture in QLD, they just cut the water off on them. Come here and speak to some of the farmers if you don't believe me.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-05/stanthorpe-drought-bites-as-town-runs-out-of-water/11381886

Queensland farmer spends $800,000 carting water as drought ravages key salad-bowl regions

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I believe you, just want to read some facts.

CC will make this worse. Us sheltered from this on the east side of the GDR don't know what's happening...

Flow-Rider

Burner
I believe you, just want to read some facts.

CC will make this worse. Us sheltered from this on the east side of the GDR don't know what's happening...
There's not much said on the local Brissy news either but I've just been north to Rainbow Beach for a 1 week and I watched some of the local Wide bay Burnett news and they talked about the drought and farmers quite a lot. Even some of the locals have families in the surrounding farms in the area, so you actually hear about it a bit.