Tell me about riding in Bright

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
This statement from the Alpine Cycling Club (from an earlier post) is interesting:

The Alpine Cycling Club is a volunteer club made up of people who mostly live and work in Bright. The majority of the trails in Mystic Park are built and have been maintained by Alpine Cycling Club volunteers over many years with funds raised mostly by running events.
The land that Mystic Park is located on is leased by HVP as a working pine plantation and is managed by Alpine Community Plantations for recreational use. The Alpine Cycling Club has a seat on the Alpine Community Plantation board, however, we are a separate entity and the club is not involved in the day to day decision making and financial administration of Alpine Community Plantation.
Alpine Cycling Club understand that heavy vehicle traffic over the busy Summer and Easter months causes significant damage to the roads and gravity trails and affects neighbouring residents, we accept that applying a user-pays fee is a way for Alpine Community Plantation to manage the financial costs associated with managing vehicle traffic in the park during busy seasons as well as associated maintenance of the road and Hero Trail and Shred Kelly’s Last Stand Trail.
Whilst the Club has been aware of the introduction of a fee, we have not been involved in determining the amount of the fee or the administration of the permit system. Alpine Cycling Club will continue to work with Alpine Community Plantation to determine ways in which club members will not be unduly disadvantaged by the introduction of a vehicle entry fee including club shuttle days and rewards for volunteers.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Nobody’s gonna need to maintain the trails when nobody rides them because the price is too high. Volunteers are gonna have to find something else to do with their weekends

Boom King

Nobody’s gonna need to maintain the trails when nobody rides them because the price is too high. Volunteers are gonna have to find something else to do with their weekends
I agree that the price is too high but I'll still ride there when I get the chance. We were shuttling privately on Saturday but normally I would book a Blue Dirt shuttle. Plenty of riders aren't in a position to shuttle privately.

teK--

Eats Squid
That is bloody expensive to self shuttle when you are providing your own vehicle, fuel, and driver... How will they contend with people driving at mach5 to fit in as many runs as possible to maximise their value? Why not a clipped card system where you Pay say $100 for a card that gives you 20 runs. Each person going up gets one clip at the gate. Save balance for next visit.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is bloody expensive to self shuttle when you are providing your own vehicle, fuel, and driver... How will they contend with people driving at mach5 to fit in as many runs as possible to maximise their value? Why not a clipped card system where you Pay say $100 for a card that gives you 20 runs. Each person going up gets one clip at the gate. Save balance for next visit.
I find it hard to believe they will pay someone to stand around manning a gate if it’s already costing too much. Not to mention the cost of building said gate

moorey

call me Mia
I'm just saying there will still be plenty of riders using Mystic.
There will be less. And mainly only when Blue Dirt are running.
I understand their reasoning...I’d just like to believe that all the money is going into road maintenance.

moorey

call me Mia
I find it hard to believe they will pay someone to stand around manning a gate if it’s already costing too much. Not to mention the cost of building said gate
I don’t recall that being proposed. Maybe I missed it?

Boom King

There will be less. And mainly only when Blue Dirt are running.
I understand their reasoning...I’d just like to believe that all the money is going into road maintenance.
I would expect changes for next season, if not before. I feel the land manager has miscalculated on many levels.

moorey

call me Mia
I would expect changes for next season, if not before. I feel the land manager has miscalculated on many levels.
The land managers might not care about less traffic...but the town might notice lost tourism dollars. It’s not like roadie scum, XC flogs and hipster gravel grinders will drink the Bright Brewery dry.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
This could get heated. It’s also not like all the tourists will go either
You’ll get some local riders...who I’ll bet get an exemption...local residents who want quieter streets...and the land managers.
Visiting riders won’t really be considered or represented.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
You’ll get some local riders...who I’ll bet get an exemption...local residents who want quieter streets...and the land managers.
Visiting riders won’t really be considered or represented.
im an Alpine Cycling Club member, waiting to hear what will be the go there as they built most stuff that was around before Hero