What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Our Summer Series kicked off yesterday arvo with a Handicap Eliminator. 3 x 1 lap heats, semis and a final. I got dusted by both my boys, with Middle Brother 2nd and Little Sender 3rd overall.

The AGM was held straight after, where we witnessed a change of President, and after 39 years of dodging and weaving I'm now a member of a committee :eek:

slowmick

38-39"
Saturday - replaced the chain ring chain and cassette. i have a working bike again after I tore the tyre on Wednesday.
Sunday - how nice is a new drive train. rode up the hill and sacred myself on the local downhill trail. Fell off and banged my knee hard. Now remember clay is slippery after the rain. Came home muddy, bloody and with a big smile.
Monday - pre work ride - 10 minutes in dropper won't stay up. min 1 pedal stroke - max 73 pedal strokes. Was a very long climb up the hill. said "oh come on" so many times. lost my shit at the magpie swooping me at the top of the hill.
Back to having no fully working bikes again.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Our Summer Series kicked off yesterday arvo with a Handicap Eliminator. 3 x 1 lap heats, semis and a final. I got dusted by both my boys, with Middle Brother 2nd and Little Sender 3rd overall.
View attachment 357150

The AGM was held straight after, where we witnessed a change of President, and after 39 years of dodging and weaving I'm now a member of a committee :eek:
Proud Dad moment: Mrs George has to pick Little Sender up from school because he's still exhausted from the effort he put in yesterday

BT180

Max Pfaff
Saturday - replaced the chain ring chain and cassette. i have a working bike again after I tore the tyre on Wednesday.
Sunday - how nice is a new drive train. rode up the hill and sacred myself on the local downhill trail. Fell off and banged my knee hard. Now remember clay is slippery after the rain. Came home muddy, bloody and with a big smile.
Monday - pre work ride - 10 minutes in dropper won't stay up. min 1 pedal stroke - max 73 pedal strokes. Was a very long climb up the hill. said "oh come on" so many times. lost my shit at the magpie swooping me at the top of the hill.
Back to having no fully working bikes again.
Noooo! Glad it was good while it lasted

Litenbror

Eats Squid
My local - nice one! Did the Crafty like the rocks?! Fun fact - was looking at Strava the other day and it says I've ridden Serrata 148 times! :eek:
It loved the rocks did them better than my 29er. The bike had an easier time than me I'll have to skill up so it doesn't leave me for a better rider.

It's a great trail hopefully will get there some more so I can get to know it and enjoy it more.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Dropper-less Crafty or do my eyes deceive me?
Yeah one of the things that need fixing, was a great price so a little work needs to be done. Have a One up I was going to use but it's 31.6 not 30.9 so that's been ordered.

The not optimal seat position made yesterday's 25kms tougher in some areas than others, still climbed the rocks like a mountain goat though.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yeah I figured that might be the case.

How do you find the I-track? A distinctly different feel to other bikes you’ve tried?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah I figured that might be the case.

How do you find the I-track? A distinctly different feel to other bikes you’ve tried?
Yes but hard to go just of the ride yesterday. I need to do a fair bit to set it up the way I like it so it will be a good comparison to other bikes I've had. It felt more like the spectral than the focus 29er but that's no real surprise. It does really just eat up rough sections of track and the climbing was a surprise. I found I would get to the top of a feature and would feel the rear wheel stop and think that's it but the forward momentum would pull the wheel back and instead of hanging up it would roll over. With my setup I can see me clearing technical climbs on this much easier than the 29er which seems wrong. I'm really looking forward to getting to the fast bits of Stromlo and Majura to see how it ges on trails I'm familiar with.

Even though it is probably a bit small for you @Tubbsy you should take it for a spin because when the XL comes out I think it will be worth it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Even though it is probably a bit small for you @Tubbsy you should take it for a spin because when the XL comes out I think it will be worth it.
Thanks, that sounds good. Is there any news of an XL?

Last I heard they had a problem sourcing off-the-shelf tubing long enough to make an XL. Wasn't sure if that was just a temporary limitation.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks, that sounds good. Is there any news of an XL?

Last I heard they had a problem sourcing off-the-shelf tubing long enough to make an XL. Wasn't sure if that was just a temporary limitation.
We were probably reading the same article/thread I just remember them saying the tubing was very hard to get but they were trying to get one out for the next production run. I think Hugh is pretty active on the ridemonkey forum as well so maybe I read it there.