What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
How are you finding the Onza Ibex tyres just picked up a couple on sale from CRC?
I've run one on the back for over 1000 KMs and it's lasted well and still heaps of tread left. Good grip, not the fastest rolling tyre but not the slowest. It's very similar to a Maxxis HR2. They're a good buy on chainreaction at the moment. I've got one of them and a Citius sitting in the cart at the moment, just debating weather to pull the trigger....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
How are you finding the Onza Ibex tyres just picked up a couple on sale from CRC?
It's basically a DHR2 but with better rubber and quality control. The Onza rubber has graphene in it, but they don't talk it up as much as Vittoria. I've also never had a Onza with a buckle in it, which seems to be super common with Maxxis.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's basically a DHR2 but with better rubber and quality control. The Onza rubber has graphene in it, but they don't talk it up as much as Vittoria. I've also never had a Onza with a buckle in it, which seems to be super common with Maxxis.

I checked mine when I installed it today and had the slightest of wobble, like miniscule!

I have had Maxxis worse from new, but never been able to tell anything on the trail.

It's the Graphene the white powdery stuff that's on the outside as well. It's the first tyre I've installed that's had a powdery, flaky substance on the outside...

Oddjob

How’d the canfield go?
Its kind of the polar opposite of the Pole. Very stiff and fidgety/nimble requires you to really be on tye ball. It pedal bobs a lot like a horst link, but because it's got the beefy dual linkage plates it's quite stiff.

Are the tyres buckled?
The rear minion is buckled. I didn't really notice on tye dirt but it was really annoying on the road.

Oddjob

It's the Graphene the white powdery stuff that's on the outside as well. It's the first tyre I've installed that's had a powdery, flaky substance on the outside...
No thats dried out lube that they put on the tyre molds to get the rubber out of the mold. Graphene is tiny little flakes of graphite which I doubt you would be able to see with the naked eye.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Stuck some new forks on the not so much Useless Girlfriends bike today. Picked up these Fox 32 Fit4's cheap and after selling her old forks am only $50 out of pocket including a new crown race.

Of course the new forks rebound adjuster is seized because, you know "FOX" and I snapped it off applying mechanical force :mad:. But for the price are still a bargain. Didn't come with an axle so that's another $50 but money well spent.

They're 120mm so will give her the extra length she really needs (phrasing, boom) and should slacken the head angle to 70 degree's. I know right that wild like a DH rig.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

How do they size up compared to other brands?

wkkie

How do they size up compared to other brands?
The 2.25 Ibex I have is maybe a smidge under a Maxxis 2.4. And the 2.4 Ibex I installed today, I'll compare with the 2.4 HR2 I've got on another wheel at home, when I get there.