What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They sell under various names, the most common is probably Xpedo Spry.

Personally I hate the things. A mate has them and loves them, but they just feel like I'm standing on the pedal axle to me. The pins are short and have a closed tip (not an open allen-key head), so there is bugger all grip on them IMO. But they obviously work fine for him, so your mileage may vary!

Jpez

Down on the left!
the club was notified about logging beginning xmas 2017, the strong rumour is logging has not stated because some well connected locals in my macedon with their $1M+ mansions do not want dirty big logging trucks going thru my macedon, the trucks are too long to make the hairpin on the north side wooden descent, meaning the sth side is the only road to be used, they have held up for 2yrs, all other sites have been logged at least a yr ago, incl those near the wombat xx trails, and area around freeway
This is probably the only time in my life that I’m hoping the uber rich get their way!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Wholesale carnage on the ride this morning, after the mini-cyclone that swept through parts of the Nthn Beaches last night. Moved what we could but will need chainsaws for the most part. SES had even cordoned off the 19th Hole section of the Dam due to downed power lines.

In other news the new X01 RD works a treat and is matchy AF.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Wholesale carnage on the ride this morning, after the mini-cyclone that swept through parts of the Nthn Beaches last night. Moved what we could but will need chainsaws for the most part. SES had even cordoned off the 19th Hole section of the Dam due to downed power lines.

In other news the new X01 RD works a treat and is matchy AF.

View attachment 357560

View attachment 357559
View attachment 357557
View attachment 357558
Looks like I have been mountain biking all these years incorrectly.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Looking at new pedals. Where did you buy these from?
They're ebay jobs. I have a pair with half a dozen rides on them you can have for $20 posted :) They're really nice quality, but as mentioned I also feel the axle - YMMV. Mind you, I'm a flat pedals noob after 30 years in clips and still feeling a bit scared!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-MTB-...=174058972344be0f5dec27044030883446ebab7fff79

I am currently using these and they feel much better.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nylon-F...var=671638585026&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

BT180

Max Pfaff
Just fitted my new PNW loam dropper post lever. What a sweet bit of kit!!. The actuation is smooth as silk with no feel of lever play, good amount of adjustments and it looks ducking dope! Hell yeah, Mike from The lost co was right.
Nice. I'm considering going the whole hog and getting the Bachelor dropper too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Us and the current brood are a completely different animal. I had rusty garage sale find 10speed Repco that I blasted around on every day and loved the hell out of. My kids all have boutique hand built frames with wicked componentry and I have to drag them out the door for a ride.

Kids these days
This ^^^ Want new FS bikes, newest Fox kit, expensive socks, latest helmets, newest gloves, the grips that they seen on an EWS video... talking with their mates and watching YouTube vids, Instagram feeds ect...

They are a different breed from what we were 30yrs ago. The stimulation they get from 100 different places is worrying... We had a bike, a rope swing in the back field and 2 channels on the telly.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do kids even watch TV these days? A colleague recently told me that thier kids didn't understand what a commercial break was because they were so used to streaming
That's my kids. They just use Netflix or ABC TV app for kids shows. I'm sure kids shows are full of subliminal advertising but at least they don't watch shitty commercials.

Mind you it does nothing to slow down the "I want this!!!" When you're at the shops with them

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
This ^^^ Want new FS bikes, newest Fox kit, expensive socks, latest helmets, newest gloves, the grips that they seen on an EWS video... talking with their mates and watching YouTube vids, Instagram feeds ect...

They are a different breed from what we were 30yrs ago. The stimulation they get from 100 different places is worrying... We had a bike, a rope swing in the back field and 2 channels on the telly.
Ok boomer.