What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Rode mt Macedon. Probably for the last time. :(
Managed for me a whopping 1300m elevation climbing back to the top.
should I go introduce myself in the Up thread?
I was there on Saturday ... I've heard many different stories of when it will be logged.

Fingers crossed its not anytime soon

Jpez

Down on the left!
I was there on Saturday ... I've heard many different stories of when it will be logged.

I know. Same. Basically Chinese whispers atm but they have upgraded and built new fire roads So certainly looks likely to be soon.
my money is on an after Xmas start.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Fitted a new GX inner cage and pulley kit. Gears slipping everywhere so took it to the LBS to sort. They reckon the actual RD is twisted as they can't tune the shifting properly. Just ordered an X01 RD. At least it has red highlights. :p

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So, 6 days after the shoulder injury post above, #1 is back on the bike. A 17km gentle MTB ride last night and managed to share his 10km Junkmail run with the old boy today... funny I seem to be doing the junkmail runs AND matching him $ for $ for everything he earns towards a 2020 Norco Sight.

The Marino Bike is born again, this time as a junkmail delivery bike, many thanks to @safreek for the cranks, shifter and derailleur, 100% legend !

Ackland

chats d'élevage
So, 6 days after the shoulder injury post above, #1 is back on the bike. A 17km gentle MTB ride last night and managed to share his 10km Junkmail run with the old boy today... funny I seem to be doing the junkmail runs AND matching him $ for $ for everything he earns towards a 2020 Norco Sight.

The Marino Bike is born again, this time as a junkmail delivery bike, many thanks to @safreek for the cranks, shifter and derailleur, 100% legend !

View attachment 357552
You lot even have bling junk bikes...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Geez, you are hard crowd. I would have sold my soul to have something like that when I was growing up.
Us and the current brood are a completely different animal. I had rusty garage sale find 10speed Repco that I blasted around on every day and loved the hell out of. My kids all have boutique hand built frames with wicked componentry and I have to drag them out the door for a ride.

Kids these days

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Got the SS working last night. Those Hayes stroker ace brakes were almost as painful to bleed as my wife's hope E4s, and it took some effort to get the shifting right for some reason. Feels like a fun bike, heavy as fark, but only really feel that when trying to wheely. Now I can stick it in a corner and be too afraid to ride it

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Got the SS working last night. Those Hayes stroker ace brakes were almost as painful to bleed as my wife's hope E4s, and it took some effort to get the shifting right for some reason. Feels like a fun bike, heavy as fark, but only really feel that when trying to wheely. Now I can stick it in a corner and be too afraid to ride it
Love that. I had a 6.6 years ago that was great fun. Stupid short geo and a bit of a pig as you say - and all but unrecognisable from the current crop of VPP bikes as far as pedal-friendliness - but definitely a load of fun, and it looked fucking good (for its era)...

Makes me want an all-white bike again o_O

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Love that. I had a 6.6 years ago that was great fun. Stupid short geo and a bit of a pig as you say - and all but unrecognisable from the current crop of VPP bikes as far as pedal-friendliness - but definitely a load of fun, and it looked fucking good (for its era)...
Love it, tell me that you can take it out of the shed and ride it tomorrow. Does look entertaining for sure..

ttnguyen133

Likes Bikes
See so many people using these pedals lately I bought a set as well, $25 seems to be great value. Replaced my old pedals which cost more than twice as much yet are heavier and feel inferior..
Looking at new pedals. Where did you buy these from?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

the club was notified about logging beginning xmas 2017, the strong rumour is logging has not stated because some well connected locals in my macedon with their $1M+ mansions do not want dirty big logging trucks going thru my macedon, the trucks are too long to make the hairpin on the north side wooden descent, meaning the sth side is the only road to be used, they have held up for 2yrs, all other sites have been logged at least a yr ago, incl those near the wombat xx trails, and area around freeway