Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

moorey

call me Mia
She doesn't represent herself, mate. Her parents, guardians, EU politicians, and green energy moguls put her where she is, and tell her what to say. It doesn't matter how right she is, it's a facade. The movement has little to no credibility in the world of high finance, which is the real world, unfortunately.
Care to provide citations for that?

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
It’s one of those claims that get thrown about a lot but I’ve only ever seen evidence against, not for.

So people need to put up or shut up on that point otherwise we’re just yelling at each other.

I’ll post my evidence later today.
I spent a few minutes the other night trying to confirm it, but like @moorey said, they've never been in a position to do it.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sigh .... this is why the deniers win.

Hate on, wankers.
Yeah, it’s not hate. It’s anger at times.

We hate ignorance and division and lies. The muppets that absorb the misinformation are to be gently persuaded otherwise and/or ignored. It’s the peddlers of lies that get the hate.

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
Good question! there are no negatives to reducing our pollution, and emissions. Im all for that, my whole point is that there is no link to CC and bushfires - thats it. I think that humans have no impact on the earths temperature.
Right now im at work, and cant be bothered finding all the links to back up my views - BUT if i find them, ill get hounded down for saying they come from Murdoch Sources, or other 'right wing' networks, so whats the point - I cant win either way.
I really admire your passion, but think its misplaced - it should be China, India, you guys should be protesting to. Those 2 countries dont give a stuff about the environment.
What ive realised is that you cant have a civil discussion about CC - you will be called any name under the sun.

moorey

call me Mia
I spent a few minutes the other night trying to confirm it, but like @moorey said, they've never been in a position to do it.
I’m more inclined to believe my BIL (who I can’t claim to get along with), who’s been a park manager and firey in ACT/NSW for the last 25 years. Greens have had ZERO impact on reduction burns. Some ‘greenies’ have protested and saved (or tried to) individual trees or small patches of trees from developers.

Haakon

Good question! there are no negatives to reducing our pollution, and emissions. Im all for that, my whole point is that there is no link to CC and bushfires - thats it. I think that humans have no impact on the earths temperature.
Right now im at work, and cant be bothered finding all the links to back up my views - BUT if i find them, ill get hounded down for saying they come from Murdoch Sources, or other 'right wing' networks, so whats the point - I cant win either way.
I really admire your passion, but think its misplaced - it should be China, India, you guys should be protesting to. Those 2 countries dont give a stuff about the environment.
What ive realised is that you cant have a civil discussion about CC - you will be called any name under the sun.
Ill save you the time ;)

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Yeah, it’s not hate. It’s anger at times.

We hate ignorance and division and lies. The muppets that absorb the misinformation are to be gently persuaded otherwise and/or ignored. It’s the peddlers of lies that get the hate.
And apparently, I'm one of those muppets ...... because I don't see an angry teenager as my savior ..... I haven't learned anything new here. This is how humanity works now. It's a fucking circus.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Next person who says greens stop the hazard reduction burns without supplying evidence for that claim is getting their tyres let down and barrel adjusters fiddled with.
I heard the other day from someone that the bloody Greens have been stopping hazard reduction burns for years. Bastards!

Now, if you can get my fucking 12 speed eagle to shift nicely, I'm happy to pump the tyres back up.

You can have your thoughts, I can have mine.

I know people don't really care, for reasons I've stated.

Another anecdote from today. Saw educated & wealthy neighbour for the first time in a week or so. "Not so happy New Year" I said.

"Oh, why so?"

"Straya's on fire of course!"

"Oh yes, but it is often on fire & this is nothing new".

She is what I would describe as the epitome of city normal.
FFS

This isn't a star wars episode where all the baddies wear black and the goodies wear white.

But at least you have identified somewhere to easily lay the blame, so you should be snug as a bug rug.

I love how every here gets up in arms because I'm vocalising my observations.

I'm also trying to be as objective as I can with my observations.
and floating on a cloud of self righteousness

Sweet dreams

Haakon

I heard the other day from someone that the bloody Greens have been stopping hazard reduction burns for years. Bastards!

Now, if you can get my fucking 12 speed eagle to shift nicely, I'm happy to pump the tyres back up.
I can help with the Eagle. I can’t help with your listening to drunk uncles on what the greenies are doing...

Haakon

And apparently, I'm one of those muppets ...... because I don't see an angry teenager as my savior ..... I haven't learned anything new here. This is how humanity works now. It's a fucking circus.
Sorry, muppets rhymed and I couldn’t help it...

Greta isn’t the saviour, she’s is part of the solution though. No one and nothing is the saviour - that’s the problem these days, everyone wants simple answers.

moorey

call me Mia
Don’t take this personally. No one wants Greta to be your personal Jesus.
I get that she triggers a lot of people. It’s usually people with more to lose, or those who are misinformed, imho.
I’m not saying you’re either. There are exceptions to every rule.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
good sources are scientific ones not media ones - they all have a barrow to push of one type or another. you can have a discussion. for climate change its becoming clear its hotter - even your local temps have almost certainly had 2 to 3 new high records in the last 10 years even though records stretch for one hundred years.

we never had 42 degree days when i was young without westerley winds blowing - hot days always came with high wind, now it gets over 40 with stillness. im sure its different for different areas.

my childhood also included the worst drought ever, untill this one. i know a few families from narrabri, tamworth rylestone - the parents in ther 80's say its never been drier - creeks that have never been empty are empty.

now if you accept climate change is real and that co2 is a greenhouse gas, and that we have increased it (im pretty sure nothing radical yet), the it stands to reason that some warming has been caused by that. further we know that the average global temp is increasing.

its not a leap of logic then to say that higher temps have some responsibility for the depth of this drought - its not certain, but its sure well on the likely side than the unlikely side (using simple logic, not convoluted logic).

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's amazing how humans can't think for themselves until they hit that magical age of 18 then everything changes.

I distinctly recall the moment I suddenly disliked Air Supply and the freedom was something else.