Little Things You Hate

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH - Kangaroos who don't realise that after 0630 the trails are mine and they need to get out of the way!

Also, the stupid 1-way rules now in place at Lysterfield. Not being able to ride back along Hug to the Comm Games car park is f-ing stupid

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

tobbogonist

a registered member
$22.5K payout. They do it on market value which apparently means they try to find the same car for sale and match that. But there is nothing for sale that matches my car so they pick another one with twice the kms and year old and use that! Wtf? Not happy jan.

So my fear they would be screwing people as much as possible was neatly confirmed.

At least I found a new one that’s the right colour and spec and for a very decent price. We still took a 10 grand hit though
I used to work in health insurance. At the time it was money to party with, burned out in the end, such an awful job.
I worked with a team of dr's and nurses to locate flags in medical records and up preimiums/deny payments.
All I can say is, if you can avoid it, dont tell your dr you're sad.
If something happens such as losing a spouse you are afforded something like 2 months to grieve, after which you are considered clinically depressed, this affects premiums and allows insurance companies to drag out the application process conducting investigations etc.
I remember when I decided to leave, had a lady who lost a child 12 months ago, insurer where delaying her claim on mental health grounds as she was still sad... she was a single mother with toddler.
Same day another lady had been swindled by an alternative medicine practitioner (dont get me started on them). Diagnosed with breast cancer she went the route of massaging olive oil on her breasts instead of listening to her doctor. She had since gone back the doctor as surprisingly enough the olive oil didn't work, doctor explained it was now too late for treatment. Insurance company wouldn't pay because lady 'refused treatment'.
We wern't supposed to talk to clients but they would get my phone number off the paperwork i had given their doctor.
I guess.. little things i hate:
Insurance companies
Alternative medicine
Sure there where plenty of people doing the wrong thing getting money they didnt deserve and pretending to have back injuries etc, then i'd get a dvd land on my desk of them running around at the beach.. but they where few and far between. Mostly sad people at their most vunerable trying to find help.
This is only my experience, not a blanket review of insurers as a whole. Pretty rotten stuff though. Especially when the boss would roll in with a different sports car each day of the week.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like this?

Thats it, but what is that converted ($30?) + postage?
By the time you get it over here, might be better off getting the whole unit anyway. Then you have a spare.
https://www.bikebug.com/shimano-slx-sl-m7000-i-spec-ii-rapidfire-plus-shift-lever-p-69458.html

Local shops just need to stock common breakage components such as that, problem solved!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I used to work in health insurance. At the time it was money to party with, burned out in the end, such an awful job.
I worked with a team of dr's and nurses to locate flags in medical records and up preimiums/deny payments.
All I can say is, if you can avoid it, dont tell your dr you're sad.
If something happens such as losing a spouse you are afforded something like 2 months to grieve, after which you are considered clinically depressed, this affects premiums and allows insurance companies to drag out the application process conducting investigations etc.
I remember when I decided to leave, had a lady who lost a child 12 months ago, insurer where delaying her claim on mental health grounds as she was still sad... she was a single mother with toddler.
Same day another lady had been swindled by an alternative medicine practitioner (dont get me started on them). Diagnosed with breast cancer she went the route of massaging olive oil on her breasts instead of listening to her doctor. She had since gone back the doctor as surprisingly enough the olive oil didn't work, doctor explained it was now too late for treatment. Insurance company wouldn't pay because lady 'refused treatment'.
We wern't supposed to talk to clients but they would get my phone number off the paperwork i had given their doctor.
I guess.. little things i hate:
Insurance companies
Alternative medicine
Sure there where plenty of people doing the wrong thing getting money they didnt deserve and pretending to have back injuries etc, then i'd get a dvd land on my desk of them running around at the beach.. but they where few and far between. Mostly sad people at their most vunerable trying to find help.
This is only my experience, not a blanket review of insurers as a whole. Pretty rotten stuff though. Especially when the boss would roll in with a different sports car each day of the week.
I still feel ashamed I was conned into getting PHI at all, and angry at their ripping me off when I needed surgery. Medicare only from now on.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I gotta say, workcover and the insurance company looked after me pretty well. A year and a half of treatment and surgery in a private hospital with my choice of surgeon, two nights private room.
They didn’t fight me on anything, except to appoint a liason officer who sat in on all my appointments to make sure I wasn’t taking the piss.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I still feel ashamed I was conned into getting PHI at all, and angry at their ripping me off when I needed surgery. Medicare only from now on.

Voters need to get better organised on this shit. Private cover is a scam being forced upon us by private enterprise and their political patsies. Rebuilding public health needs to be an election issue.

People should be allowed to choose private health, not forced to

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Thats it, but what is that converted ($30?) + postage?
By the time you get it over here, might be better off getting the whole unit anyway. Then you have a spare.
https://www.bikebug.com/shimano-slx-sl-m7000-i-spec-ii-rapidfire-plus-shift-lever-p-69458.html

Local shops just need to stock common breakage components such as that, problem solved!
Wow, didn’t realize SLX was that cheap. Probably why they don’t stock parts locally. Just buy a new one. Bit of a waste if you only need a small part but can always be kept for spares as you mention.