Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
who? insurance? no, they pay what they reckon its worth and then youre on your own.
I don't think many insurances do or did, I was just wondering if anything had changed. New cars devalue so quick, insurance is just BS these days. I don't bother with full comp unless the car is worth something like 30k and above, the fuckers sell the car at auction for more than they payout and make a profit, I've seen it done with a few Harleys that mates had crashed.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I don't think many insurances do or did, I was just wondering if anything had changed. New cars devalue so quick, insurance is just BS these days. I don't bother with full comp unless the car is worth something like 30k and above, the fuckers sell the car at auction for more than they payout and make a profit, I've seen it done with a few Harleys that mates had crashed.
We are at 2 years and 2 months anyway so no new for old. But I had thought I'd just missed it, turns out it expired 7 months after bought it! Shifty fuckers, just disadvantages peeps who buy less mainstream models for no good reason...

Flow-Rider

Burner
We are at 2 years and 2 months anyway so no new for old. But I had thought I'd just missed it, turns out it expired 7 months after bought it! Shifty fuckers, just disadvantages peeps who buy less mainstream models for no good reason...
Yeah slimebags, I've got a wrx I bought new in 2009 for 46K sitting in the shed with about 10 00kms on it, I've had it uninsured for the last 5 years. The premiums kept on going up as the value of the car went down and lucky if I can get 15k for it now.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yeah slimebags, I've got a wrx I bought new in 2009 for 46K sitting in the shed with about 10 00kms on it, I've had it uninsured for the last 5 years. The premiums kept on going up as the value of the car went down and lucky if I can get 15k for it now.
Just curious, but why are you holding onto it?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Short story I like to collect cars but not worth getting rid of and I occasionally need a 5 seater. I've still got a muscle car I bought 25 years ago.
That's different then. A collection doesn't count. I collect bikes. But I keep selling them to buy my next, so my collection at the moment consists of 2 bikes. My wife however is much better at it and presently has 5....
The WRX would have to be some serious fun though......

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's different then. A collection doesn't count. I collect bikes. But I keep selling them to buy my next, so my collection at the moment consists of 2 bikes. My wife however is much better at it and presently has 5....
The WRX would have to be some serious fun though......

She's a keeper, you can never have too many bikes. :D

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Had a second hand WRX hatch for about 6 years . It was the nicest car I have ever had or driven.I actually enjoyed driving.
Despite the ABS I did a 180 on the Hotham road with chains on.
Had to sell it when we bought a farm with a long shitty driveway.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had a second hand WRX hatch for about 6 years . It was the nicest car I have ever had or driven.I actually enjoyed driving.
Despite the ABS I did a 180 on the Hotham road with chains on.
Had to sell it when we bought a farm with a long shitty driveway.
A lot of people comment on how well they drive but wouldn't have picked you for a hoon. :D

My racing days are over but much fun was had back in the day, there's too much that can go wrong these days. I've learnt to take my aggression out on the mountain bike trails.