COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
lots of people out of work, interest rates pretty much 0 - what can we build now that isn't exacerbating the health side of the crisis? is snow hydro 2 suitable? housing ,high speed rail? Jobs are better than one off cash for everyone
No better than Tesla's south australia farm to occur. Cheap dollars, work force ready and it's a win win for him. There is plenty of suitable opportunities. I liked the satellite cities the ACC were trying to achieve. Really think we need a carbon neutral city built between Melbourne and Adelaide. (ports there, copious amounts of pine, wind, massive water source etc) Dubais made a pretty cool engery passive one a years ago.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The rba is essentially propping up the banks with this move to stop them falling over.. Our big banks are stuffed, the world knows it that’s why the dollar is getting smashed along with bank stock prices.. Freezing payments is a sensible answer which will likely come with a lock down..
Would like to know more on this, our currency collapse has been severe compared to others. Would like to understand more.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Would like to know more on this, our currency collapse has been severe compared to others. Would like to understand more.
The international value of our dollar is easily manipulated by people who trade currency. So when turbulent times hit the vulnerability to fluctuations of the AUD make it unappealing to hold onto, so I is sold. The demand drops, the supply increases...value drops. Or did you want to get in on the game?

Here's a some people that understand what businesses and their staff need:

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...ffer-free-rent-as-coronavirus-downturn-looms/
Landlords should never want empty shops. They'll get a tax break for it anyway. This is a good move.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
My mates landlord hiked it up for his Pilates business Tuesday. 40% increase. It’s the nail in the coffin with the 60% drop in customers.
That seems rather short sighted, unlikely to get a new tenant too quick in a down turn.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Actually this has bee happening since he start. Apparently it was a bio-weapons lab leak or an attempt at population control or a method to disrupt global economy or some other form of espionage...there's no shortage of stupid ideas. Oh there is also a lot of blaming Chinese-Australians for buying all the toilet paper and mailing it to China. I guess all the mince as mailed to China as well? People are people...often stupidity is the go to mode.

But I'd agree that Trump's latest round of garbage strengthens their commitment to stupid
I made an argument last week or so that the virus may not have originally transferred to humans in Wuhan. It was soundly rejected by the peanut gallery. Popular opinion is it happened in the wet markets of Wuhan .... so who should we blame for the virus that is apparently the result of an abhorrent and retarded cultural practice?

Oh that's right, the US President ..... o_O

Flow-Rider

Burner
I made an argument last week or so that the virus may not have originally transferred to humans in Wuhan. It was soundly rejected by the peanut gallery. Popular opinion is it happened in the wet markets of Wuhan .... so who should we blame for the virus that is apparently the result of an abhorrent and retarded cultural practice?

Oh that's right, the US President ..... o_O
I read something about that too, they just assumed that the first largest source of the outbreak was where it originated from but no one can actually prove scientifically that it was born in the Wuhan markets.

FigBo0T

I think he think my mate will just pay up. He’s on the brink of closing the doors after 10 years there.
He's either not thinking, or has a new tenant lined up. I'm sure Pilates classes comes under 'gyms', which are not allowed to open?

FigBo0T

I read something about that too, they just assumed that the first largest source of the outbreak was where it originated from but no one can actually prove scientifically that it was born in the Wuhan markets.
Particularly if it came from pangolins, which are imported to Wuhan in large quantities. They're also bred in Wuhan, but the virus could easily have come from Africa or elsewhere, in my rejected opinion .... ;)

First reported doesn't mean first.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think he think my mate will just pay up. He’s on the brink of closing the doors after 10 years there.
Greed is intoxicating. If your buddy isn't too disheartened there will probably be a conga line of eager landlords soon enough if all the economic doomsday predictions come true.

Pangolins have been ruled out as the source. They're cute too. Apparently there is concern that many have been killed as a result of their species being accused.