COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Sorry if I duplicate ... I looked back a few pages ... but the volume ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...ls-how-covid-19-spreads-in-australia/12060704
Best Data I've found so far ... nearer the end ... " Source of Infection" was what I was looking for ... 48% essentially unknown was the worry.

Next diagram Titled "Likely source of infections acquired overseas " is also interesting

Both completely opposite to what my prevailing world view was.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
We'll be lucky to get 50% compliance in Australia. This is the consequence of years of neoliberal cunts breeding a country of contrary ignorant fools.
When the govt secures all salaries like the UK and NZ are doing instead of only welfare recipients and their own, then we everyone could go into lockdown as a country

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Sorry if I duplicate ... I looked back a few pages ... but the volume ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...ls-how-covid-19-spreads-in-australia/12060704
Best Data I've found so far ... nearer the end ... " Source of Infection" was what I was looking for ... 48% essentially unknown was the worry.

Next diagram Titled "Likely source of infections acquired overseas " is also interesting

Both completely opposite to what my prevailing world view was.
The likely source of infection data has a note that it hasn't been updated

Many people won't take this seriously until one of their loved ones dies and they aren't allowed to attend the funeral or have any wake of any kind for months

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It's being reported that they're finding traces of coronavirus on surfaces in cabins on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan 17 days after passengers had left the boat.
I'm not really surprised. Viruses can last surprisingly long (months for some) on hard surfaces in the absence of extreme temperatures and UV.

This is one of the reasons why cold and flu displays seasonal tendencies. In winter people tend to congregate indoors coughing on each other and touching stuff, rather than outside in the sunshine.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Both me and the missus are still working . Me in transport sector and her at Woolies . I`ll give you an insight into how my missus is coping and just what people are really like now . They can`t stock the shelves fast enough . The ban should be lifted by now , but they can`t get more deliveries because local councils have a limit on the amount of trucks allowed on the roads by the operators - I think federal government are overriding or have overidden so we should see a change but don`t hold your breath . Why ? Trucks with loads are getting stolen . Places with online deliveries are a target now with at least one that store that I know of held up and all online orders stolen .

The saddest thing for me is how people are treating the workers in both Coles and Woolies . My missus`s place they have people spitting at the workers , they are coughing at the workers , assaulting them , abusing them . The workers are scared and most are crying while they work . They all have to work longer hours so they can get abused some more . Now her store look like they have to now start at 4 in the morning till who knows when and this will go on indefinitely .

So if this is what society is becoming now , just what does the next 6 months look like ?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Who's still at work? Are you going against your work's policy to stay home?
I want to, but peeps need to eat, and I'm hoarding my leave as the owners of my real job are money hungry fuckheads who'll trade until the Gubbmint order them to stop, and I'm highly doubtful they'll pay us anything to help get thru. The car park was full this morning when I drove past on my way to my other job. That job I've managed to scale back to one store, and the manager I deal with is Asthmatic and his wife is pregnant, so he totally understands why I don't want to be there.

I came home and went straight into the decontamination chamber. Clothes straight into the machine, shower for me, Glen 20 spray everything else (for what it's worth).

indica

Serial flasher
My missus`s place they have people spitting at the workers , they are coughing at the workers , assaulting them , abusing them .
Sound like my job, but I knew what I was getting into.

We are all animals. It is only intelligence that allows the few of us to see instinctive behaviours are not acceptable.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
We'll be lucky to get 50% compliance in Australia. This is the consequence of years of neoliberal cunts breeding a country of contrary ignorant fools.
No need to sugar coat it for us, tell us what you really think... ;)

Actually I like that chart as it is a a pretty simple and clear message - the more of the ignorant that are made to understand the difference they make as individuals, the sooner the shit show will be behind us.

@Nerf Herder I've been looking at those stats for a while too. The new cases per day is the number I'm watching - if we all do the right thing, that number should start decreasing when we get Re below 1.0; an infected person passing it on to less than one other person on average. Once the returning travellers and cruise ship cases are accounted for over the next week or so, new cases/day will be a more reliable indicator of how effective our lockdown measures are.

Stay home. Don't give it, don't get it.

DMan

No need to sugar coat it for us, tell us what you really think... ;)

Actually I like that chart as it is a a pretty simple and clear message - the more of the ignorant that are made to understand the difference they make as individuals, the sooner the shit show will be behind us.

@Nerf Herder I've been looking at those stats for a while too. The new cases per day is the number I'm watching - if we all do the right thing, that number should start decreasing when we get Re below 1.0; an infected person passing it on to less than one other person on average. Once the returning travellers and cruise ship cases are accounted for over the next week or so, new cases/day will be a more reliable indicator of how effective our lockdown measures are.

Stay home. Don't give it, don't get it.
Are you working from home?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Are you working from home?
When I'm not being distracted by Rotorburn, yes.

I also realise I'm fortunate to be able to and there are some that don't have that choice, but staying out of their way as much as possible helps them too.

DMan

When I'm not being distracted by Rotorburn, yes.

I also realise I'm fortunate to be able to and there are some that don't have that choice, but staying out of their way as much as possible helps them too.
Yes you are and I appreciate the clarification for those that aren't. Seems to be a lot of people here who forget we aren't all in the same boat as far as working goes.

teK--

Eats Squid
Construction industry is now starting to feel it, clients not able to service loans, settlements on land etc. Developers going to have to forego some profits if they want to keep the price from collapsing.
It seems the gravy train of the construction industry has come to an end... Hope all the workers stashed some for a rainy day whilst the money was good.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
We've lost our India call centre & operations centres so are scrambling to onshore right now. Honestly, we should already have this in place but I don't get to make the big decisions.

Back to an operations role for me for a while...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It seems the gravy train of the construction industry has come to an end... Hope all the workers stashed some for a rainy day whilst the money was good.
Stashed it UP THEIR NOSE AYOOOOOOO

seriously the amount of boys I’ve seen whinging about no more work that live week to week, but normally earn six figures is astonishing.

Last edited: