Little Things You Hate

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Really? I hadn't read that. That is crazy. I wonder if it was doing 100km/h in the normal lane then swerved to avoid stopped vehicles in front?
“It is still quite early in the investigation to describe exactly the movements of that vehicle … but the truck itself appears to have moved from one of the traffic lanes in the freeway into the emergency lane and has travelled a short distance in the emergency lane at around about 100km/h and slammed into the rear of the highway patrol vehicle,” Ashton said.

...yeah seems possible. perhaps other vehicles had slowed to 40km/h as required by law and hes failed to see and react in time ended up moving into the left emergency lane to avoid a crash....? but thats insane too....there are stationary vehicles there with police officers attending to an incident...none of it really makes sense?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
...owner of the porsche involved in yesterdays tragedy on the eastern fwy
...this is dashcam footage of the same car driving the same stretch of road recently (march 21st of this year) ....
...he tested positive on his roadside, the took photos of the crash site before fleeing the scene...uploaded images of the crash site to his mates on social media last night. he has extensive crim history and now weve got 4 police officers that wouldnt be dead....because of this dropkick
And a really close mate who now has lifetime memories of removing the body cameras to investigate the accident. We haven't heard from him today, it would've been a very long night

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
“It is still quite early in the investigation to describe exactly the movements of that vehicle … but the truck itself appears to have moved from one of the traffic lanes in the freeway into the emergency lane and has travelled a short distance in the emergency lane at around about 100km/h and slammed into the rear of the highway patrol vehicle,” Ashton said.

...yeah seems possible. perhaps other vehicles had slowed to 40km/h as required by law and hes failed to see and react in time ended up moving into the left emergency lane to avoid a crash....? but thats insane too....there are stationary vehicles there with police officers attending to an incident...none of it really makes sense?
its reading like the truck was doing freeway speeds and not leaving the required gap to stop his truck. Situation normal, tailgating trucks and will be quick to blame stationary/slow traffic and not his obligation to leave a safe gap.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
its reading like the truck was doing freeway speeds and not leaving the required gap to stop his truck. Situation normal, tailgating trucks and will be quick to blame stationary/slow traffic and not his obligation to leave a safe gap.
...except its not situation normal...he apparently has had a 'medical incident' during or after the crash. homicide detectives have raided his property in cranbourne last night and evidence collected is ...'still the subject of ongoing investigation'

Mr Graham Ashton said the driver of the semi-trailer involved was still in medical care and police hoped to interview him on Thursday. A search was carried out at his Cranbourne home overnight.

"What was found there is still the subject of ongoing investigation," said Mr Ashton.

...and it looks like theyve publicly ID'd the driver of the porsche just now....Mortgage broker Richard Pusey

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I do feel there should be a new rule - minimise time on the side of a freeway - arrest & move everything to the nearest exit.

Alcohol, drug testing & impounding should happen in a safe(r) location.
From the sound of things in this instance they didn't have anything to actually arrest him for.

Impounding in another place has its own issues as well. Who moves the car? Leaving one of the members by himself with a crook while the other drives the car off the freeway, just not practical.

And that low life piece of shit, taking photos of dead police and uploading them to the internet is a low life piece of shit move, and then taking the opportunity to run from the scene is fucking abhorrent! Fuck him!

wkkie

they just iD'd him publicly ....'Mortgage broker Richard Pusey'
google him...seems to be a bit of a bigwig
Like I said, fuck him. Piece of low life shit.

Maybe you could excuse someone seeing that a panicking big time and leaving, not knowing what to do. But to take photos, then publish them on a world wide format, there's absolutely no excusing, or excuse, or explanation for that.

Hope he enjoys his jail time, hopefully it's extensive!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
From the sound of things in this instance they didn't have anything to actually arrest him for.

Impounding in another place has its own issues as well. Who moves the car? Leaving one of the members by himself with a crook while the other drives the car off the freeway, just not practical.
As I said, new rules. Leave the car, arrest the guy. And if the car is impounded, they have to do something with the driver. They don't just leave them there on the side of the road.

wkkie

As I said, new rules. Leave the car, arrest the guy. And if the car is impounded, they have to do something with the driver. They don't just leave them there on the side of the road.
An arrest would make things easier to move people and cars. If people are going to drink, do drugs and drive, fair enough they lose their liberty for a little while.

I know it happens (arrests for drug / drink driving) in NSW, but not sure of the ins and outs of it. Vic could certainly look into something similar.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
...how it unfolded:

how do you miss 3x stationary vehicles including one marked police vehicle + 4 police officers on foot standing outside their vehicles in the emergency lane?? truck driver must have been off his head...or the possibility of a heart attack/stroke? but what are the chances of that...??
...or a massive case of negligent driving...??

...& the truck driver has now been publicly ID'd too

Last edited:

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt

...moments before the crash.
porsche (far right), undercover White SUV (centre), Blue Marked Hwy Patrol Station wagon (left)...pretty hard to not see that going on.
truck drivers fucked...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I doubt they would have named the trick driver if this didn't involve the harm done to the police officers.

I hope they were wearing their hi-vis safety vests.

Whilst the chance of it happening is a low % one of my cousins died from a heart attack while driving on the highway. I'm pretty sure it is also how Harry Chapin also died.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So castle is gone from thr ARU. 11 xaptains of the wallabies had a whinge about a woman being in charge and rupert got his spineless puppet in.

As a boy i thought the cricket and rugby captains of australia were more honourable positions than prime minister. Yea nah.