The stupid questions thread.

moorey

call me Mia
Well it will rode better than no bike...but it is going to be far from ideal. You got a budget? Maybe you just need a more suitable frame?

Isn't this the frame Rennie used to race 4x/slalom in way way way way way back? When almost every magazine shot of Rennie was him holding a broken yeti frame?
Was a yeti 4x I thought. About 80mm travel.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Would you encourage a novice renovator to hammer in a nail with a jack hammer? When unskilled it is often best to have the most appropriate gear.

I'm sure you'll be able to have fun on whatever you have. Riding the obstacles of a skate park on an xc bike is merely awkward if you aren't trying to send it. You may experience difficulty in turning and riding over ramps. Particularly the back end getting bucked.

On the pump track I suggest you'll struggle to pump smoothly.

The small frames favoured for this type of riding offer the right angles and the size is good for manoeuvrability.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
maybe it’s my chance to buy this ol norco bigfoot ive lusted over the purple for months, is a 15” frame i think, will it do?

moorey

call me Mia
Will do...though you’re a pretty big unit. DJ bikes are always low...that could be really short. Not my field, can’t say.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a bit of a fascination with dirt jumper at the moment. I've never been able to jump bikes, was thinking they could be a good way to learn. Would love an STP.
At least get a nice dj bike .

Just do it. A used up old dirt jumper isn't expensive and you can have a lot of fun. Or jump right in and go all out pimp on a new one and feel like the skid king.

maybe it’s my chance to buy this ol norco bigfoot ive lusted over the purple for months, is a 15” frame i think, will it do?
View attachment 362649
For the price to can hardly go wrong but there's heaps better options. The big foot was always a low price entry level shitter in Norco's shore hardtail line. A couple of friends had the sasquatch (usually the same or very similar frame to the big foot) over different years which was the next model up. I had various versions of the manic, torrent, and even a rampage. I'm 183cm and always rode a medium in those bikes. 2 of my chums had one of them each as well in large. They are 6.4 and 6.6 feet tall. Sizes are rather different these days. Oneof the sasquatch riders was an exceptional rider and it rode dirt jumps as good as any bike for him.

The one in your photo looks a lot like the 125 (part of their DJ line) they ran for a few years. The low top tube and square to round tubing was essential at the time in aluminium DJ frames for some reason. I had 2 different 125 and they were nice but heavy.

That bike is going to feel small compared to what you normally ride (I looked up your salsa pyr). But from the looks of it any DJ/park/street/fun type build is going to be like that. But they'll be fun to play on as long as you aren't trying to ride across Australia on it

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
That bike is going to feel small compared to what you normally ride (I looked up your salsa pyr). But from the looks of it any DJ/park/street/fun type build is going to be like that. But they'll be fun to play on as long as you aren't trying to ride across Australia on it
i see a 6”4’ guy riding a sml dj’er, he said it was no diff to the L his brother had