Hip pack suggestions?

Short rides with tools/snacks/500ml water for short trips, as well as filled up for long rides and enduro races.

I don't know what counts as a short ride. I took a camelback the other day when I did around 18km but I think I must've been subconsciously hunching to keep it sturdy, my back was rooted afterwards but I did a bigger ride without it last week and felt fine. For those rides it feels like I need more than one water bottle but don't know if I quite need something as substantial as a Henty.

How many km's are you guys riding when you use hip packs?
My hip pack is a Camelbak Podium Flow - it's a hip pack/bottle holster, not a bladder. So I wear it when I need two bottles - probably only when doing 25~30+km - or a "day out" kind of ride where I might want to carry some snacks/rain jacket/camera

I don't know what counts as a short ride. I took a camelback the other day when I did around 18km but I think I must've been subconsciously hunching to keep it sturdy, my back was rooted afterwards but I did a bigger ride without it last week and felt fine. For those rides it feels like I need more than one water bottle but don't know if I quite need something as substantial as a Henty.
In winter, under 20km I don’t carry water on my local loops, or runs at Youies or Harcourt where we loop past car frequently.
In summer heat, a carry plenty of water even for short ride. Mine is the henty 3lt, but I rarely fill above more than 2lt unless planning over 40km in the hot, and know there’s no top ups.

I will do easy 20K+ on the Ebyk with close to the 3L of water plus gear in summer (less water in winter) , no issues, very comfy!
even short rides with the family (under 10K) I will still take it fully loaded with gear, just offload a little water, no sense in taking stuff out only to find it again and repack it for the next big ride.
I used to ride with Camelbak packs for years, switched to Henty and haven't picked up the CBak since.

Last edited:
How about a cheap Dad bag from wish.com?
d7c00d55359579cc75b7bffc0e8d3ecc.jpg

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

And it's here! Love it!

The front straps seem unnecessarily long but otherwise it's really comfy. I'll fill up the bladder later and pack a few things and have a cycle around.

Also the Topeak Mini Pro 20 is a lovely multi-tool :)

And it's here! Love it!

The front straps seem unnecessarily long but otherwise it's really comfy. I'll fill up the bladder later and pack a few things and have a cycle around.

Also the Topeak Mini Pro 20 is a lovely multi-tool :)
Straps are easily rolled up if you don’t want to trim them. Enjoy.

Bumping, anyone have a henty enduro jnr? does it physically fit tall peeps, as l9ng as not fat?? i like sml bladders

Back