What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
The boy and I went up to the Camel farm at Kalamunda yesterday, wow things have changed a lot since I last rode a mtb in the hills. Back then it was Kalamunda circuit, Little Ovens and the unofficial stuff at Gunjin...
He found the going a bit more challenging, I need to sort out something better than 32 x 34 as a low gear for him or he's going to stop enjoying it.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
The boy and I went up to the Camel farm at Kalamunda yesterday, wow things have changed a lot since I last rode a mtb in the hills. Back then it was Kalamunda circuit, Little Ovens and the unofficial stuff at Gunjin...
He found the going a bit more challenging, I need to sort out something better than 32 x 34 as a low gear for him or he's going to stop enjoying it.

View attachment 365348
Looks like you went east on the fire road and back west on Gridlocked? East on Flaccid Ashback and then back west on the fire road makes for an easier ride.

Another option is to head up the Munda Biddi and do Horny Devil. Fairly easy climb and a fun little track for the kids on the way back down.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
About $1150 shipped from Starbike. Was going to use it on the g16 but it would be criminal not to use it with that head badge on the spitty.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Interesting to see what Rev Mezzer you get. Posts on MTBR saying people getting old stock Mezzers from EU stores instead of updated ones with bleed ports and revised bushings.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting to see what Rev Mezzer you get. Posts on MTBR saying people getting old stock Mezzers from EU stores instead of updated ones with bleed ports and revised bushings.
Yeah I have been following that thread too.

I'll pull the lowers to check the bottom out bumpers and confirm fixed lowers when they arrive. My understanding is the bleed ports came later on.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Converted the eldest boys Aldi bike to tubeless with new treads, longest part was cutting down the tape as the hardware shop stuff was a little wide. Tanwall's were a bit wanky but they were on sale!

Both sealed first shot and only took a little shake to seal.... I've just jinxed myself haven't I?
Rotation direction correct? Logos lined up with valves?

ausdb

Being who he is
Looks like you went east on the fire road and back west on Gridlocked? East on Flaccid Ashback and then back west on the fire road makes for an easier ride.

View attachment 365349

Another option is to head up the Munda Biddi and do Horny Devil. Fairly easy climb and a fun little track for the kids on the way back down.
Started with the skills loop then headed out Joeys line and then cut down to M W road. West to Camel train and Black Stump. East on the fire road and started on the first part of Tangaroo Kick with the intention of going onto Flaccid Ashback but at the first crossing of the fire road the boy said no more single track and we went along until we hit Gridlocked. Once we got to the bottom of Gridlocked we cruised back down the fire road and I was going to head South on the Munda Biddi to the start of Horny Devil but he was starting to get a bit over it so we turned onto the last section of Horny Devil then made our way back. He found the rocks and roots more of a challenge than at Margaret River.
Unfortunately it looks like he missed one of the more fun bits by skipping Flaccid Ashback :( It's Birthday party season now so maybe a few weeks until we can get back out there

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Magpie season is just around the corner and I wanted better protection so I rode past TBE on the way home and picked up a Proframe.

Turns out the only thing more fun than passing cashed up carbon roadies on my old MTB - is passing cashed up carbon roadies on my old MTB whilst wearing a full face lid and yelling yeeewww at the top of my voice.

Unfortunately it appears I did it with the strap hanging out through the chin guard...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My brother has them still I hope. I pretty much fucked them converting them to later model 20mm lowers and all the anodizing wore through on the stanchions.
I want to get them back to hang on the shed wall.
Wanna sell me the frame, or buy some really nice V1 Bombers for it?