What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The shock is a copy of a noleen, my iron horse yurt bike (pics on the vintage thread) used the same one in a different config. Are the forks Indys or Quadras?
Quadra, but I've also got a set of Indy's here in the same awesome colour. Holding onto them in case someone needs a set of forks to remind them how good we have it now

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Could also be a KHS - I have a feeling they had a model that was pretty much the same as the Iron Horse. Really stretching the memory tho.

Edit - found this searching 1997 KHS http://www.bikepro.net/directions/khs/fxtteam.html
Yeah right, looks very similar!

But that's got v brakes, xt components, Indy forks

This is canti brakes, stx bits and quadra forks. Possibly an older model?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yeah right, looks very similar!

But that's got v brakes, xt components, Indy forks

This is canti brakes, stx bits and quadra forks. Possibly an older model?

Spec would suggest so. STX was gone by 95/96 and I think Indy's replaced Quadras around then too.

ausdb

Being who he is
Spec would suggest so. STX was gone by 95/96 and I think Indy's replaced Quadras around then too.
Is this becoming the new vintage forum! :) I can't remember exactly which year I got it but I've got a Barracuda steel hardtail with Indy's and a mainly STX v brake group on it from around then.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Is this becoming the new vintage forum! :) I can't remember exactly which year I got it but I've got a Barracuda steel hardtail with Indy's and a mainly STX v brake group on it from around then.
Just checked and STX finished on 97, which was the year Indy's came out. I recall the Giant ATX970 having cantis that year still, so that dually and your Barracuda are 97's. Loved those Barracuda hardtails by the way, I remember Tim Bennett was riding for them around then.

ausdb

Being who he is
Loved those Barracuda hardtails by the way, I remember Tim Bennett was riding for them around then.
The ones with oval down tube? I'll put some wheels and other bits back on it and put some pics in the vintage thread. I'm still kicking myself for buying the M not the S but the red looked better.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Quadra, but I've also got a set of Indy's here in the same awesome colour. Holding onto them in case someone needs a set of forks to remind them how good we have it now
Retro guys will be looking for those. You can offload them easily.
A Q5 was my first suspension fork and even I was underwhelmed. They resembled Mag21's and that had to be a good thing, right?.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Final bits for my two bike downtime refresh arrived.
Ended up having to go a new bar mount M7000 shifter because it was cheaper than finding a ispec2 adapter clamp.
So will have a brand new spare M7000 slx ispec2 shifter up for grabs soon if anyone needs one.

Also picked up a long overdue new minitool to replace my assortment of crap I usually lug with me on each ride.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ended up having to go a new bar mount M7000 shifter because it was cheaper than finding a ispec2 adapter clamp.
So will have a brand new spare M7000 slx ispec2 shifter up for grabs soon if anyone needs one.

Also picked up a long overdue new minitool to replace my assortment of crap I usually lug with me on each ride.

View attachment 365962
You're refreshing that deceitful harlot? After all that bike has done to you? It's time to cut the ties and move on man...

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

View attachment 365962
Muscular large knobs :eek: