Confessions from the fuckwits

Flow-Rider

Burner
If not cured... Wife's hiking boots split while at Carnarvon. Whole front lifted on both. I had some 732 in the toolkit and cleaned the boots and glued them up using some Gorillas to hold them overnight. Worked perfectly, even waterproof. They went on to do another 35km for the week!!
I glued them up before I left 9 days ago, came back and wondered why the glue was still partly mushy. I redid them yesterday without the alcohol cleaning and the sikaflex has set solid already by this morning.

moorey

call me Mia
Bought a chainring off @Scotty675 a while back. Hunted all weekend to find it so I could fit it. Gave up after hours of hunting, assumed it had fallen out of car door or been accidentally binned.
Went to the PO yesterday, there it was In my box....it hadn’t even arrived until then.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Bought a chainring off @Scotty675 a while back. Hunted all weekend to find it so I could fit it. Gave up after hours of hunting, assumed it had fallen out of car door or been accidentally binned.
Went to the PO yesterday, there it was In my box....it hadn’t even arrived until then.
Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot that I purchased the other one from him. That hasn't turned up either!

Scotty675

Cable thief
I'll put a direct mount in the post then?

ausdb

Being who he is
That is now your new "safe place"

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have a couple of wheelsets built up with Hope Pro 4 hubs at home, but they're weird combos. Red 32h boost front, and red 32h non-boost rear. Black 28h boost front, and black 32h boost rear. Ordered a black 32h boost front this morning out of the UK to have a matchy-matchy boost 32h pair for a future build.

Rummaging through the pile of wheels tonight to grab a rear out to check some frame clearances, and uncover a wheel I forgot I had kept - complete with a black Hope Pro 4 32h boost front hub. Aaaaaaaargh... :rolleyes:

moorey

call me Mia
I have a couple of wheelsets built up with Hope Pro 4 hubs at home, but they're weird combos. Red 32h boost front, and red 32h non-boost rear. Black 28h boost front, and black 32h boost rear. Ordered a black 32h boost front this morning out of the UK to have a matchy-matchy boost 32h pair for a future build.

Rummaging through the pile of wheels tonight to grab a rear out to check some frame clearances, and uncover a wheel I forgot I had kept - complete with a black Hope Pro 4 32h boost front hub. Aaaaaaaargh... :rolleyes:
Can you spare it now? I’m after one.

Scott_W

Likes Bikes
Covid is making it difficult to get 26" tyres, so I currently have a pair of commuter slicks on my DJ bike.
Not very far into a Sunday arvo riding session with a mate, I clear all the jumps nicely, then proceed to lock up the front wheel on the short, off-camber braking area which is covered in loose dirt and rocks. The front wheel disappears, never to be seen again and gravity wins once again. I took a nice chunk out of my forearm, so cut the session short to go get it stitched up. I mention my hand is a little sore at the hospital, so they decide to x-ray it. Yay, scaphoid fracture...

The next 2 days involve showering with plastic bags over over each arm.

To top it off, it's my mates bday this weekend, so he's taken Monday and Friday off to ride Boomers and we were booked in to ride NV on Sunday. I guess I'll take some nice pics for him.

PJO

in me vL comy

Where are you ordering your Hope hubs from?