The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So just got home and threw it on the scales... 18 600g

What he said. That is lighter than I was expecting. I'll put it down to running a 24 inch rear wheel. So much less rim, tyre, spoke, tube...heaps of savings. Even Lisa hub too.

@safreek this is you chance for old school dh glory!!! And it is already built.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks all, the fatbike adaptor from rhino doesnt specify my rack but the strap fitting may be the same. For $33 I'll drop by a shop with one form my rack and see if its the same

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Post of the month.
They are a solid beast, even my mates blingy C1 is over 15kg, probably be like the Mongoose Motomags from the 70's and early 80's (back when they were cool) could drill a 20mm hole in the seat stay gusset to fit a kick stand and they're still riding around 40 years later.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Oh, I know. My mates large 2020 C1 was closer to 17kg out of the box.
Fark 17 is scandalous ! I had a quick carpark ride on it, commented it was beautiful bike and felt really solid. Kinda did the naff 'lift' to feel the weight... he said it was over 15's... It was a mutual thumbs up.

moorey

call me Mia
... he said it was over 15's...
Technically, he told the truth. Something like 16.7 from memory. Large and 29. I had a quick ride. Definitely felt solid, but couldn’t gauge much being 29 and too big for me.
My heart was set on an A1 until then. Looked the biz as an all rounder for a good price....but weight put me off. I’m sure it descends like a weapon.

safreek

Hey guys does this seem reasonable value if in the cond he says,sb66, what parts should I check for cracks and such. Did they have any major dramas. Thanks for any help. If someone has better value let me know

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Hey guys does this seem reasonable value if in the cond he says,sb66, what parts should I check for cracks and such. Did they have any major dramas. Thanks for any help. If someone has better value let me know
ate last he’s not asking crazy prices -this price is what quite a few of these bikes are asked for -prob fair market price, but needs to be beaten down a few hundred to be good value ; though it’s a yeti, you’ll prob crack it in a few weeks and b back searching for another bike
my old school xc frame has some separation at the alloy dropouts where glued to the carbon rear triangle - i havn’t cracked mine in the short time i rode it, neither has my mate on the w6 all carbon version -but we both ride light - bigger owner or prospective buyer - check for cracks everywhere

safreek

ate last he’s not asking crazy prices -this price is what quite a few of these bikes are asked for -prob fair market price, but needs to be beaten down a few hundred to be good value ; though it’s a yeti, you’ll prob crack it in a few weeks and b back searching for another bike
my old school xc frame has some separation at the alloy dropouts where glued to the carbon rear triangle - i havn’t cracked mine in the short time i rode it, neither has my mate on the w6 all carbon version -but we both ride light - bigger owner or prospective buyer - check for cracks everywhere
cheers Daniel, probs not my kind of thing if they are snappy
The worlds most cracking bike...what could go wrong?
Is this true ?

safreek

Aren’t you after an XC bike anyway?
I am, but am starting to have holes burnt in my pockets. Just thought it may be usable for everything. Nothing that I like has come up for 1000 to 1500ish.
I think that I may give looking for an xc a miss at the moment, seems like I may have bagged Scotty's old frame. Should give me an idea of what the whole xc thing is like. When finished with it I will pass the back to @ausdb so he can continue his frame build. Cheers to be both Scotty and ausdb