The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The only person I have known personally to own a yeti had a carbon one of these. He rode it hard...like really hard. He felt it was more capable on dh tracks than his carbon V10. He never had a problem with the frame.

But that is 1 person in an endless sea of stories about cracked yeti, and particularly the sb66. I wouldn't risk it. Long time fan favourite @ChopSticks had one of the aluminium frames and broke it multiple times while reportedly riding like a pussy.

If you can get the price down to something like 900-1100, depending on the parts it may be a good buy for parts. On-sell the frame and get a better frame.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hey bird nerds!!!

What is an easy way to tell the difference between a crow and a raven? I get the feeling I've been calling ravens crows for my whole life. I'm looking for some help please.

Also I saw a bird today that looked a bit like a currawong but did not sound like one. It also had a bit of a greyish-brown to the feathers on the underbelly. Though that could have been dust. The tail fanned out when it flew and a white line formed across the end of the tail, but not the tip of the tail feather.

ausdb

Being who he is
Hey bird nerds!!!

What is an easy way to tell the difference between a crow and a raven? I get the feeling I've been calling ravens crows for my whole life. I'm looking for some help please.

Also I saw a bird today that looked a bit like a currawong but did not sound like one. It also had a bit of a greyish-brown to the feathers on the underbelly. Though that could have been dust. The tail fanned out when it flew and a white line formed across the end of the tail, but not the tip of the tail feather.
First question, I do remember a uni lecturer telling us what we called crow's here were actually raven's but that was a long time ago. Other bird not sure, need a pic if you can get one.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hey bird nerds!!!

Sounds like you might have seen a Grey Currawong, where you'd be more used to seeing Pied Currawongs on the East coast. This time of year you've also got Juvenile plumage in the mix too, but my guess is with the Grey.

moorey

call me Mia
Hey bird nerds!!!

Firstly....no crows in Australia.

Edit...other than Tauressian

Edit. Other than the little crow.

I’ve been fed lies all my life...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Firstly....no crows in Australia.

Edit...other than Tauressian

Edit. Other than the little crow.

I’ve been fed lies all my life...

Yeah I Wikipedia investigated this a few days ago thinking there was a really straight forward answer. I finished reading with more questions than when I started. I didn't know some were natives, I figured they had been introduced in the colonial days.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sounds like you might have seen a Grey Currawong, where you'd be more used to seeing Pied Currawongs on the East coast. This time of year you've also got Juvenile plumage in the mix too, but my guess is with the Grey.
This bird's call was a sharp squawk squawk. There was a few of them around.

I really like currawongs. Where I grew up as a kid there was heaps of them in the Barrington mountains. They were very cheeky fuckers! At the Barrington Guest House they would perch on the railing and try to steal you scones or cake while you were eating it.

No pics...I'm not that coordinated.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah I Wikipedia investigated this a few days ago thinking there was a really straight forward answer. I finished reading with more questions than when I started. I didn't know some were natives, I figured they had been introduced in the colonial days.
I was wondering if they were the same bird under a different name.

Saw somewhere that ravens tail feather area is more pointed and triangular than a crows that has a flat edge. Ravens also have a few pointed outward feathers on the forward leading edge of their wings while crows don't have it. Something different between the shape of their beaks too.

Disclaimer: This could be bass ackwards but it was something like that. Here endeth thy bird lesson for today kids. Now back to your normal programming.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just throw a stone at them, that way they all be crows then.
I mainly just picked up that ravens were the bigger options and there was different coloured eyes somehow.
"Crows and ravens are very distinctive and easily recognised. There are five native species of Corvids (crows and ravens) in Australia. These are the Australian Raven, Little Raven, Little Crow, Forest Raven, and the Torresian Crow. Another, introduced species -the House Crow - makes an occasional appearance. It is the only Corvid in Australia which has white in the plumage. They are all quite similar - ravens being perhaps slightly larger - and some can be difficult to tell apart in the field without close scrutiny."
https://www.backyardbuddies.org.au/backyard-buddies/crows-and-ravens

EDIT

Crows and ravens are part of the Corvidae family of Australian native birds. There are six members of the family found in Australia - three are called crows and three ravens, although there is very little difference between them and they look very similar. The bases of the feathers of the crows are white, while those of the ravens are grey and they have different calls which can be the only way to distinguish them.

moorey

call me Mia
Any tips where to buy prestas valve core remover caps that aren't $6-10 each? Oh, and not from places like Aliexpress and Wish etc....