The QUICK question thread.....

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Since i went to plus tyres the straps on my rhino rack dont reach around it. Ive worked around with velcro straps but wondering if a longer fitting is thesort of thing i could get 3d printed. Where would i start and what would it cost?
What it's subversively suggesting that semi-fat tyres aren't a proper Thing, and to go back to normal tyres....

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Suspension forks worth it for kids bikes, or stick with rigid?
Youngest has been doing some lockdown riding with me and has (finally) expressed a sustained interest in coming out to mtb trails when we can.
He needs to size up to a 24' anyway, just unsure if what you'd get at the 'entry' level would actually be of benefit

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Youngest has been doing some lockdown riding with me and has (finally) expressed a sustained interest in coming out to mtb trails when we can.
He needs to size up to a 24' anyway, just unsure if what you'd get at the 'entry' level would actually be of benefit
local kid’s dad bought susp fork, though the kid has been riding since age 5, started doing 15-20kmmtb rides at 7-8, he bought a marin -cos it was made to be converted to 26” when kid got bigger

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
To actually answer the question, a bit of give is better than no give to help keep the wheel on the ground when they're sending it through the rough stuff. The Little Sender's Kmart Special has seen him through some surprise hits, and Middle Brother's Trek Marlin has a basic fork but still feels OK.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My experience is far from current but I found most kid's mountain bike were no improvement over rigid forks in that they were heavier and the suspension was doubtful at best. However, and this is far more important in my view, the fact that both had suspension forks boosted their confidence and they then pushed harder and gained much better skills for having that confidence. As soon as I could i moved them up to a small 26 with either a Reba for Fox 32 on the front.

Just do it.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
So, I've finally got this thing all serviced and spit-shined, couple cable ties and I'm done.
Question is, "Just how douche is too douche, can you even have too much douche these days?"
Maybe throw $800 on it and see. How rude and offensive of a price could I get away with, it's going towards another bike so surely that makes it OK right...

The rarest part of it is that it's got Juicy 7's that have been bled by none other than Mr Shimano himself! (He didn't even gag once while doing it, must have been in soo much pain, he hid it well. Thanks Moorey.)

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Since i went to plus tyres the straps on my rhino rack dont reach around it. Ive worked around with velcro straps but wondering if a longer fitting is thesort of thing i could get 3d printed. Where would i start and what would it cost?
Possibly, but I'm not sure I'd recommend trusting the strength of a 3d print in that usecase. I'm happy to try modelling and printing something for you though if you have a pic & dimensions of the part you need.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thule sell Fatbike strap -( for thule racks ) but they are super strong and long have a hole so can be screwed onto current rack - but thule use a ratcheting system to lock on .. not expensive

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So, I've finally got this thing all serviced and spit-shined, couple cable ties and I'm done.
Question is, "Just how douche is too douche, can you even have too much douche these days?"
Maybe throw $800 on it and see. How rude and offensive of a price could I get away with, it's going towards another bike so surely that makes it OK right...
View attachment 367801
The rarest part of it is that it's got Juicy 7's that have been bled by none other than Mr Shimano himself! (He didn't even gag once while doing it, must have been in soo much pain, he hid it well. Thanks Moorey.)
The mullet original!

Looks nice. How many grams does it go?