What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
Took the hardtail out for a bit.
Said hi to some locals.
Haha, some of the locals came across the trail to say hi to us when I took the young fella exploring Middle Earth earlier this week and scared the crap out of him. He wouldn't ride at the front for the rest of the ride as he thought he was going to crash into another one :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A kangaroo sprung up really close (maybe 2m) to me last weekend. I hadn't noticed it crouched at the side of the trail as I approached and was well startled. At first I thought a large wild dog had made a move on me and then that the kangaroo wanted to kick me. Then it bounced off without any form of incident at all. The imagination is a powerful thing.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Headed out to Buxton and had the first encounter for the year with the slithery ones!

1 minute into the ride on the little loop over the road from the trails and there it was sunning itself right in the middle of the trail. Apparently a Copperhead according to a local.

Trails were pretty good given the recent rains. The clay was pretty slick in some places, but made for some good fun!

Also swapped mud guards with a mate. Mine suits much better now! :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Took the kids out to Anstey hill to get a practice in for next weekends Gravity Enduro. This is the 'supposed' stage with the most pedalling, the other 2 we did were DH tracks, which ended up with mud on the lens. They only release the stages 2 days before the event but there are only 4 descents worth riding at Ansteys and those were the 4 used last year... so probably the same again.

Shot on Hero9 with Hypersmooth 3.0 boost on but the GoPro Chesty mount doesnt cinch up tight enough on #1 son as hes just skin and bone, still pretty good for a mount that is jumping around. Watck in 4k.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Had a slack one today. My wife won't ride in September/October due to the Collingwood supporters, and since I've been off the bike for so long while sooking about my hand issue, she shuttled me to five different hilltops all within 5kms of home. 4 of them I'd never ridden before, with 2 of them quite knarly for me. Had the brakes asquealing, and got index finger pump. Walked a few sections cause I'm getting old. Managed to fall over, while walking/scrambling/sliding, in a super steep clayey bit. Pffft. Finished on my local, and was handed a beer when I got back to the car. She's ace.

wkkie

Speaking of Marino hardtails, I decided that some loctite was in order after the non drive side sliding dropout came loose halfway down the Ourimbah GE trails. Wiped the chain down too, yearly maintenance done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How's your clear coat going?

More of mine is flaking off... :(

goobags

Likes Dirt
How's your clear coat going?

More of mine is flaking off... :(
Small bit of rust under the paint on the chain stay and a fair chunk missing from the head tube from installing the headset that’s not getting better. However I would still order it again. So many comments on how it looks home made and when I can keep up with mates on much burlier bikes it makes me smile.

wkkie

Faring much better than mine then. How old is yours @goobags?

When my dually arrives, it'll be striping and re painting time for the Marino.

goobags

Likes Dirt
[mention]wkkie [/mention] 251km (Strava) with most of that being either racing NSW superflow or training for it with the reminder made up of local single track. Hasn’t had a easy life so far that’s for sure. Two of the races were in the rain as well.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Went over it with a torque wrench to make sure everything was in spec. Previous owner had torqued the living daylights out of it, comfortably 3x the recommended specs.

Only one of them let go easily....

So now my ability to go riding anytime soon relies on either the local distributor having spares, or a machine shop being kind enough to make me a new one. :(