Things the MTB industry does wrong

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
You have bought 38 Factory forks and they creak ?

Nearly every set I have had since 2015 have creaked, the 36's on my SC dont as the CSU was replaced - for creaking.

The 2015/16 Factory 32's on my XC race bike make me sick everytime I ride it :mad:
I’m dumb, but not that dumb. I couldnt buy another fox product after the run I’ve had. Rode someone else’s bike. Made the forks creak. Gave the bike back. Rode my creaky bike instead.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’m dumb, but not that dumb. I couldnt buy another fox product after the run I’ve had. Rode someone else’s bike. Made the forks creak. Gave the bike back. Rode my creaky bike instead.
WTF is Fox doing !!! Premuim forks at premium prices and they cant stop the CSU creaking.

If I can help it with my next bike, it will be Rockshox.

moorey

call me Mia
The issue is that bikes have got too quiet. It used to be masked by other rattles.
Cue Orange jokes.

Minlak

custom titis
The issue is that bikes have got too quiet. It used to be masked by other rattles.
Cue Orange jokes.
My new bike has 12 spd Shimano and it’s soo quiet I have been chasing a “squeak” - found out it’s the soles of my shoes against the pedals - lol

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
My new bike has 12 spd Shimano and it’s soo quiet I have been chasing a “squeak” - found out it’s the soles of my shoes against the pedals - lol
haha my best one is the water bottle squeaking in the cage - that one took me a while.

slowmick

38-39"
How much would local assembly add to a high end bike do you think? Distro sends out a build kit and a frame so you can have the colour and build kit you want? Most of the frames are common in a range so it's a just a colour and a build kit. And when did bike become 5 - 8K for a complete Scott/Kona/Giant...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cue Orange jokes.
People chase any creak with a vengeance looking for total silence then buy a bbbzzzzzztttttt stupid noisy ratchety rear hub.

I have had a creak in my Bel Air saddle. I was blaming the CSU too since it had to be it this time but not this time. Finally found the source.

Pulled off the plastic cover over the rails and slapped on a bunch of grease. Fixed for now.

A noisy bike bring out my bike maintenance OCD.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The obvious answer to creaky forks is 26"!

Shorter fork -> less leverage = no noise. :D
Yebbut 26" is dead. I heard a rumour.

The fork crown to stanchion bonding area doesn't seem to have gotten that much bigger with more overlap although single crown fork travel has grown heaps. Clearly needs some fixing there.

I guess if they made the crown thingy bigger then the fork length would also increase or the crown would be raised and risk clipping the downtube.

You would think they could fix this one.

moorey

call me Mia
People chase any creak with a vengeance looking for total silence then buy a bbbzzzzzztttttt stupid noisy ratchety rear hub.

I have had a creak in my Bel Air saddle. I was blaming the CSU too since it had to be it this time but not this time. Finally found the source.

Pulled off the plastic cover over the rails and slapped on a bunch of grease. Fixed for now.

A noisy bike bring out my bike maintenance OCD.
I want a quiet bike so I can bask in the full hub buzzing beauty.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How much would local assembly add to a high end bike do you think? Distro sends out a build kit and a frame so you can have the colour and build kit you want? Most of the frames are common in a range so it's a just a colour and a build kit. And when did bike become 5 - 8K for a complete Scott/Kona/Giant...
Top end Kona and similar have hit up around $10k. Greed and downward pressure on the dollar to manipulate export profits has pushed things up through the mid section more recently.

Neezy used to offer SC frames and builds in a wide range of colours. You just had to wait an eternity of no replies once your money was over to get the goods. Shift from small to big enterprise seems to have killed that off.