Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
Trump has fired the secretary of defense for working against him...

Working against him, or doing his actual job occasionally? I'm not fan of him, don't get me wrong.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Fox News just cut away from the Trump campaign news conference.
I tried watching Fox during this debacle and it was the expected Trump love fest so this is pretty big. on the other hand CNN was a Biden love fest.

edit - my main interest in this titbit is how it must infuriate the human cheezel
Whoa... impressive. It's like the bastards have finally developed a conscience.
Working against him, or doing his actual job occasionally? I'm not fan of him, don't get me wrong.
To be fair Esper at least tried to publicly tone down some of Trump's stupider and more inflammatory rhetoric.

moorey

call me Mia
To be fair Esper at least tried to publicly tone down some of Trump's stupider and more inflammatory rhetoric.
You're right. In a normal administration he'd look worse, but in a Trump administration, he looked almost sane. Same can be said for a few other appointees.
I'm sure there will be a tell all book soon about how he was the voice of reason but was overruled. There's been very few who've had the balls to speak up at the time rather than waiting until they'd been fired.

stirk

Burner
Hanlon Napoleon or me I dont care .
Just sayin ' the 4 seasons Landscaping thing was fuckwittedness not clever or taking the piss.
A correction and reschedule could have been made once the mistake was realised but the orange chunt posted on twitter so it had to happen. So funny.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
If that's you're conclusion...I don't think you get it at all.
But that's the only thing you know how to argue, so that's what you'll ascribe to make your job easier.
Ahaha, no I’m just being a dick. The first post you referred to was also a joke and an embellishment.

Waging war on foreign soil has been a fixture of American foreign policy since Pearl Harbour. Presidents both Democrat and Republican have exacted huge death tolls on civilian populations overseas since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Kennedy and Johnson poured thousands of men into Vietnam, Nixon pulled them out (sort of). Bush Snr went into the Gulf, Bush Jnr followed a decade later and Obama continued the campaign.

I don’t think you can say that if Presidential chronology had been reversed Nixon wouldn’t have gone into Vietnam or Obama into Afghanistan/Iraq.

So don’t worry, I understand, and I was just making a wisecrack. Trying to use the number of air strikes as some metric for who did more damage though is a long bow to draw when Obama adopted an administration that was already waging war (same goes for Nixon), in which the political/foreign policy consequences of just immediately walking away would have been pretty major.

The fact that Trump’s scorecard basically only reads “didn’t start any new wars” is not really something to crow about.