What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
Agreed.. It's just a bike ride. Anything else is a motorbike ride and people need to stop trying to normalise it and claim they went for a bike ride if they rode something with a motor.
See this here is exactly why I use the term acoustic lol

Minlak

custom titis
My bike's pretty friggen' acoustic with the newly-fitted Michelin Wild Enduro up front. Never hear so many "pings" off the downtube before!
I just got the Torrent powder coated - fitted up new tyres - Michelin Wild AM in Gum X - first ride had me wondering why I bothered paying for sand blasting I could have just ridden around :)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Agreed.. It's just a bike ride. Anything else is a motorbike ride and people need to stop trying to normalise it and claim they went for a bike ride if they rode something with a motor.
See this here is exactly why I use the term acoustic lol
Riding the bike without a motor is the default, e-Bike is the clarification where necessary. It's not hard.

And if you really want to make yourself feel cool, at least use the word "analogue". ;)

Minlak

custom titis
Riding the bike without a motor is the default, e-Bike is the clarification where necessary. It's not hard.

And if you really want to make yourself feel cool, at least use the word "analogue". ;)
There should never be a need to clarify what type of bike - if you do the right thing and mark your rides in Strava correctly you will never be taking KOMs that are not legit.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There should never be a need to clarify what type of bike
Exactly - This hasn't got anything to do with how you label your rides in Strava either. Here's a tip - I rode (location), I enjoyed (trail or trails) because (reasons - ie: things I saw along the way, wildlife, weather, felt awesome, took a jump you've been building up to, whatever...). If you feel the need to be pedal assisted, no worries. But IMO it doesn't need to be highlighted in every post whether you did/didn't ride the eBike. You're getting out and going for a ride either way, did you have fun?

If you want to do eBike vs bike chat, or blogging about your various rides and effects on your training efforts (personally) I would much prefer that over in the eBiking or Health sections.