The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep its paid for but the page owner, there is different levels of sponsorship. Goes up in distance/spread and amount of people reached. You can target certain subjects/peoples likes, geographical locations etc.
Used it alot during comedy festivals back in the day. Used to offer q free beer to anyone who came to the show after seeing the facebook add to see if it works. Never gave away a beer.
Are you saying all the intell Facebook farm about people is for sale in the form of targeted advertising? Well fuck me! Imagine if they used their demographic data base for good...

tobbogonist

a registered member
If you do start paying, FFS don't stop. Any 'reach' you gain gets wiped off the face of the earth.
I palmed the few pages I ran off to mates before I left Melbourne. They where all comedy rooms I used to run so no point keeping it.
'Reach' is a farce. It just becomes background noise on their already clogged news feed.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Does a Monarch plus RC3 piggy back shock have to run in a particular orientation? Currently it is running with the air can towards the bars and the piggy back facing up but if I ran the air can facing the rear wheel and the piggy back down I could fit a water bottle in the front triangle... I have thought about it and instead of the piston driving into the air can the air can would be driving into the piston, I can't see an issue with this but I also know very little about suspension.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Shock doesn't even know its a shock.

Pretty sure you can run it which ever way fits for you. This knowledge comes from a single source of overhearing two blokes arguing about it at Beechworth one day whilst I was having a muesli bar. Anyway you want guy sounded more convincing.
Probs don't listen to me.
I can recomend carman's fruit and nut muesli bars with 100 percent certainty though.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
^^^ I worked last night & Im tired but this MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! :D

Why does a shock care which way around it is?
I'm wondering if there is any issues with oil flow or floating pistons etc? For example if you mount it upside down then the oil will sit in a different place.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Shock doesn't even know its a shock.

Pretty sure you can run it which ever way fits for you. This knowledge comes from a single source of overhearing two blokes arguing about it at Beechworth one day whilst I was having a muesli bar. Anyway you want guy sounded more convincing.
Probs don't listen to me.
I can recomend carman's fruit and nut muesli bars with 100 percent certainty though.
They are my favourite especially the ones with Greek yogurt.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Shoulda bought a V3 @Litenbror :p

It’ll be fine, it’ll just look like it’s going backwards. What’s your plan for the bottle mount, Fidlock wrapped around the TT or similar?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Shoulda bought a V3 @Litenbror :p

It’ll be fine, it’ll just look like it’s going backwards. What’s your plan for the bottle mount, Fidlock wrapped around the TT or similar?
Shoulda but hesitated when MTB had them on clearance which was a mistake.

Yeah thinking either fidlock or side load under the top tube, should be able to get a 500-600ml bottle in there.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah thinking either fidlock or side load under the top tube, should be able to get a 500-600ml bottle in there.
Sorry more curious about plan for the mounting - just a universal type strap mount or getting excited with drill and rivnuts?