2020 Norco Optic C1

HindleJ

Squid
Had my Optic C3 for about 2 months of nothing rides and it was creaking, it was the lower pivot just above the bb, pulled the pivot bolt and cleaned regreased and it is all fixed.
Enduro bearings throughout the frame but the bearing felt pretty shitty, I picked the seals and slammed some more grease in there.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got the fork and shock for this back from Cyclinic the other day and took it for a run to see what all the fuss is about with the Push HC97.
I'm reasonably light at 70kg and have always struggled to get the Pikes to be plush in the initial part of the stroke and still supportive in the mid stroke. I also found that the adjustment knobs were largely ornamental and didn't make a huge difference much like a FIT4 damper. I probably should have just purchased another set of DVO's but some reviews of the HC97 prompted me to go down that path.
Setup with the factory recommended settings for my weight it was still a bit stiff for the type of riding I was doing so I backed it off another click on HSC and LSC, rebound remained the same. While it's not as plush as a DVO with the OTT wound up, it's riding higher in the travel with less harshness but this is probably due to the new air side thingo. Mid stroke is a fucking revelation, absolutely transformed the fork. There's so much front end grip it's incredible, it still feels firm but never chatters and the front wheel seems to track better. Clearly this could be just down to me wanting it to be better since I've spend a decent chunk of cash on it, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
I also found some nail polish for the frame chips which sort of matches, and made a heel scuff protector out of carbon contact and helicopter tape.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I got the fork and shock for this back from Cyclinic the other day and took it for a run to see what all the fuss is about with the Push HC97.
I'm reasonably light at 70kg and have always struggled to get the Pikes to be plush in the initial part of the stroke and still supportive in the mid stroke. I also found that the adjustment knobs were largely ornamental and didn't make a huge difference much like a FIT4 damper. I probably should have just purchased another set of DVO's but some reviews of the HC97 prompted me to go down that path.
Setup with the factory recommended settings for my weight it was still a bit stiff for the type of riding I was doing so I backed it off another click on HSC and LSC, rebound remained the same. While it's not as plush as a DVO with the OTT wound up, it's riding higher in the travel with less harshness but this is probably due to the new air side thingo. Mid stroke is a fucking revelation, absolutely transformed the fork. There's so much front end grip it's incredible, it still feels firm but never chatters and the front wheel seems to track better. Clearly this could be just down to me wanting it to be better since I've spend a decent chunk of cash on it, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
I also found some nail polish for the frame chips which sort of matches, and made a heel scuff protector out of carbon contact and helicopter tape.
you're keeping it then

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No probably not keeping it but I really hate selling stuff to people online, too many douche bags. I'll transfer the fork, wheels and part of the drivetrain over to my GG when it arrives.
I can't recall the name of the nail polish but I did get some funny looks in store when I had the seat stay in my hand trying to match it up.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you feel the HC97 made a noticeable difference? Been looking at putting one in my Lyrik, have always struggled with getting the fork soft enough being a lighter weight rider.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's firmer but feels like you have more traction if that makes any sense, it feels like the front wheel tracks the ground more effectively.
Certainly worth it if you are up for a Charger rebuild anyway.