Bargain buys thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yes…but leaving the valve core in while doing it is my point. That other system requires it.
I also use either small bottle or syringe to top up, always without core.
Even with Race?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yep. I can’t see how it matters without core.
I do some through valve, some directly into the tyre while fitting, I haven’t noticed any valve clogging difference.
Great. The only reason I've never used it is because it says you can only use it by pouring straight into the tyre. I'll try it if I can go straight through the valve stem as I'm just not a fan of putting it in before I've seated the tyre. Ever since the stans explosion... :oops:

moorey

call me Mia
The only blocks I ever get are within the core itself. I suspect when instruction/people say not to fill via valve, it’s for that reason, not referring to with core removed. It is a bit more chunky, to help seal punctures.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Great. The only reason I've never used it is because it says you can only use it by pouring straight into the tyre. I'll try it if I can go straight through the valve stem as I'm just not a fan of putting it in before I've seated the tyre. Ever since the stans explosion... :oops:
Stan says no to Race Sealant via valve due to larger bits in the mix. Big bold bit down the bottom. If you give it a go and it works let us know!

https://www.notubes.com/stan-s-race-sealant-quart

Minlak

custom titis
Stan says no to Race Sealant via valve due to larger bits in the mix. Big bold bit down the bottom. If you give it a go and it works let us know!

https://www.notubes.com/stan-s-race-sealant-quart
100% I remove valve core and inject this stuff into my tires all the time - Since I bought injector I have never put in directly to tyre. (Yes Race Sealant although going back to normal as I have 2 bottles of normal I was given and I don't think race made any difference)

shiny

100% I remove valve core and inject this stuff into my tires all the time - Since I bought injector I have never put in directly to tyre. (Yes Race Sealant although going back to normal as I have 2 bottles of normal I was given and I don't think race made any difference)
Cheers, good to know :) I have always used the injector method. Currently using Muc Off Sealant, tends to stay liquid longer than Stans.

Minlak

custom titis
Cheers, good to know :) I have always used the injector method. Currently using Muc Off Sealant, tends to stay liquid longer than Stans.
I used to always make sure sealant was liquid and fresh - but I have never had sealant save me from from fitting a tube / plugging or walking it back to the car on a ride. I barley even bother to check it now and its usually all dried up by the time I bother to even look. Pretty sure if I opened any of my tyres currently it would all be dried up :)
*we don't have huge thorns like bullheads etc here

shiny

I used to always make sure sealant was liquid and fresh - but I have never had sealant save me from from fitting a tube / plugging or walking it back to the car on a ride. I barley even bother to check it now and its usually all dried up by the time I bother to even look. Pretty sure if I opened any of my tyres currently it would all be dried up :)
Or the infamous Stans sealant ball rattle.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I have never had sealant save me from from fitting a tube / plugging or walking it back to the car on a ride
I've been the same in the past. Even when the sealant works for a short time, it leaks again when I start riding. Never find little telltale sealant spots on the outside of my tyres either to suggest it's sealed stuff without me knowing.

Just threw some Orange Seal in my new wheels today though. First time I've tried these guys. Little black rubber bits kept clogging the injector. So I'm hoping that's a good sign.

moorey

call me Mia
Felix put a big cut in a tyre over a month ago at a Race on practice day. It sprayed a ton of sealant out, but stopped leaking, so I topped it up with Stans Race and said I’d change it before the race. I just remember now that I haven’t. It has done a ton of riding and dozens of down hill run since.

Minlak

custom titis
Felix put a big cut in a tyre over a month ago at a Race on practice day. It sprayed a ton of sealant out, but stopped leaking, so I topped it up with Stans Race and said I’d change it before the race. I just remember now that I haven’t. It has done a ton of riding and dozens of down hill run since.
Cool story - needs more dragons though!

moorey

call me Mia
Cool story - needs more dragons though!
There were lots of dragons.