Bargain buys thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Craig, take the valve core out, then inject the sealant. I have done this a number of times with Stans and a large syringe with tube (Stans branded) that fits over the outside of the valve. much less messy than trying to seat the frikken tyre bead while stans sealant is slopping around. (remember to seat the tyre bead properly first, then deflate tyre, then remove valve core to inject goop, etc etc then re-inflate)
I've never had a problem with clogging.

View attachment 376611
I thought this was how everyone did it?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
My experience exacly. Never a problem or clogged valve.
I have had a clogged valve, but nothing a loose spoke couldn't fix in half a jiffy.

I've only ever used the valve method - I scored one of these little bottles in a deal when I bought a tyre or something on line, cut the spout to suit and off I go. top up the bottle and squirt her on in through the core-less valve.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have had a clogged valve, but nothing a loose spoke couldn't fix in half a jiffy.

I've only ever used the valve method - I scored one of these little bottles in a deal when I bought a tyre or something on line, cut the spout to suit and off I go. top up the bottle and squirt her on in through the core-less valve.
View attachment 376662
This is my method too. A lot less mess then using syringe as you have to clean that up after.

moorey

call me Mia

View attachment 376662
Yes…but leaving the valve core in while doing it is my point. That other system requires it.
I also use either small bottle or syringe to top up, always without core.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yes…but leaving the valve core in while doing it is my point. That other system requires it.
I also use either small bottle or syringe to top up, always without core.
Yeah, you’re assuming that I’ve read more than one post back in this thread and that I’m aware of this other system you speak of.

it’s my preferred policy to come into a conversation half-cocked and go out looking like a full cock. So with that, I’ll catch y’all in some other thread!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, you’re assuming that I’ve read more than one post back in this thread and that I’m aware of this other system you speak of.

it’s my preferred policy to come into a conversation half-cocked and go out looking like a full cock. So with that, I’ll catch y’all in some other thread!
I prefer to come in with 2 cocks blazing!