COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well doesn’t this throw a spanner in the works.. Real world data out of Canada. 1 dose of AZ produces 87% protection against severe disease from the delta strain .. Better than one shot of the mighty Pfizzer..

Looks like AZ is the tortoise in this race..
Yeah maybe...or it's all lies controlled by the government and their lizard master's to coerce us into altering our DNA so the reptilian space lords can breed with us! Beware and do your own research people. The truth is out there! The reptilians are running out of women and need our women to keep their species going. Also this is why they are making our planet warmer and turning the frogs gay.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ima cancel my second shot.
Nah mate, still get it - then you'll be 174% effective against severe disease or hospitalisation!

That's right, you'll be so good at fighting the disease it you'll be able to knock out a spare 74% to anyone in the immediate vicinity!

Everybody get ready to hug the moorebags. He loves people. The closer the better. Scooch in close now... :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nah mate, still get it - then you'll be 174% effective against severe disease or hospitalisation!

That's right, you'll be so good at fighting the disease it you'll be able to knock out a spare 74% to anyone in the immediate vicinity!

Everybody get ready to hug the moorebags. He loves people. The closer the better. Scooch in close now... :p
is that going to work while social distancing? Please remember to use your shopping trolley as a guide.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Rather than have another rant about SW Sydney I'm just going to cut and paste some highlights from today's presser.

'NSW: Police issue 246 penalty notices in 24 hours

In one case, police were called to a house where eight people were gathered.

"Another event was at Riverwood where 6 people came together to have a birthday party and each of those people was issued an infringement notice for $1,000," said Deputy Commissioner Gary Worboys.'

'NSW: 18 cases associated with one family gathering

Dr Jeremy McAnulty says the event in Pendle Hill took place "following a tragedy in the family", and is now linked to 18 cases.'

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Also re the vaccine rollout I'm stupefied at how the Feds have fucked this up.

Australia has had enough AZ supply to have fully vaccinated 80% of the 18+ population by now. We then could have started using the Pfizer on the under 18s as it came online.

If the Federal Govt and dept of Health had 2 brain cells to rub together they could have come up with a messaging campaign to show the negligible relative risk of the AZ vaccine. As a mid 40s male I'm literally more likely to die getting out of bed, see below.

Edit: full disclosure I've had my first Pfizer jab, but the AZ wasn't available to me until after my jab. I would have been happy to get the AZ jab as soon as it was available, and will be happy to get a AZ booster if necessary.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Also re the vaccine rollout I'm stupefied at how the Feds have fucked this up.

Australia has had enough AZ supply to have fully vaccinated 80% of the 18+ population by now. We then could have started using the Pfizer on the under 18s as it came online.

If the Federal Govt and dept of Health had 2 brain cells to rub together they could have come up with a messaging campaign to show the negligible relative risk of the AZ vaccine. As a mid 40s male I'm literally more likely to die getting out of bed, see below.

Edit: full disclosure I've had my first Pfizer jab, but the AZ wasn't available to me until after my jab. I would have been happy to get the AZ jab as soon as it was available, and will be happy to get a AZ booster if necessary.

100%, and good graphic too.

All 90% of people read are the mainstream media/fakebook conspiracy page headlines though. I mean I saw it a lot of times so it must be true?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rather than have another rant about SW Sydney I'm just going to cut and paste some highlights from today's presser.

"Another event was at Riverwood where 6 people came together to have a birthday party and each of those people was issued an infringement notice for $1,000," said Deputy Commissioner Gary Worboys.'

Dr Jeremy McAnulty says the event in Pendle Hill took place "following a tragedy in the family", and is now linked to 18 cases.'

Unfortunately there are plenty of people from all sorts of backgrounds/social advantage/disadvantage doing the wrong thing.. Don’t think the affluent/middle class aren’t breaking the rules with “care” visits to family members etc.. The big difference is the middle/upper class generally don’t have to go work and be exposed to covid..

Ackland

chats d'élevage

Let's not forget this line with respect to adopting stricter measures...

"I think that's very appropriate as to the balance that we've struck to date"

Oddjob

Unfortunately there are plenty of people from all sorts of backgrounds/social advantage/disadvantage doing the wrong thing.. Don’t think the affluent/middle class aren’t breaking the rules with “care” visits to family members etc.. The big difference is the middle/upper class generally don’t have to go work and be exposed to covid..
I honestly don't think class/race/income has much to do with it. It's purely down to educational attainment. Having tertiary education, whether it's uni or a trade qualification tends to make you respect other experts and their advice more.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So Vic peaked at 700 cases a day and the NSW CHO Kerry Chant decides at 136 cases that a harsher lockdown will not stem the Delta outbreak and the focus must now move to vaccinating the states population.

Gladdy decides she needs a 'covid chrystal ball'

Today...

NSW -163.
Vic - 14 all linked to current outbreaks.
SA - 1 in quarantine.

While people in NSW protest against lockdown.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unbelievable

Wonder how Gladys feels about this, she’s got no hope when the people think this is the better alternative

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hmm, fair point.

Maybe he can transmit the "wellness" benefits over his improved 5G reception?
He must have a powerful transmitter!

100%, and good graphic too.

All 90% of people read are the mainstream media/fakebook conspiracy page headlines though. I mean I saw it a lot of times so it must be true?

If it wasn't true they wouldn't be allowed to say it.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So Vic peaked at 700 cases a day and the NSW CHO Kerry Chant decides at 136 cases that a harsher lockdown will not stem the Delta outbreak and the focus must now move to vaccinating the states population.

Gladdy decides she needs a 'covid chrystal ball'

Today...

NSW -163.
Vic - 14 all linked to current outbreaks.
SA - 1 in quarantine.

While people in NSW protest against lockdown.

Looks like a nice day for a melee. Maybe if the weather was as shit Melbs it would help

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Last year in the initial lockdown I had a neighbour who was an habitual offender for house parties. Her and her friends were so clever...they would throw a few bags of groceries in their boot of the car so if they were asked about their intentions they could say they were delivering groceries to Nanna or whoever.

In the end I resorted to accoustic warfare as they were inane loud arseholes...the power of heavy metal triumphed once again! They still give me unpleasant glares from time to time.