Confessions from the fuckwits

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Installing new 12 speed SLX shifter and no matter how I adjust it it won't shift properly, fine at top and bottom but middle is giving me issues. Check derailleur alignment, a little off, but still not shifting properly. Clean and lube chain, check clutch on derailleur and still no good.
Then flip bike over and realise I put the cable the wrong way through the cable anchor bolt on the derailleur.
So spent an hour messing around when I just had the cable going through the wrong side of the derailleur :(.
And this was a temporary replacement while my XTR shifter was being warrantied, an hour after I get the SLX sorted I get an email that my replacement XTR is being shipped to me. Here I was thinking the parts shortage would have me waiting months not weeks.
Well at least I have a spare now.

ausdb

Being who he is
A non bike confession but I need to share. Last week I had to go to the country for work, the site was about a 400km drive and an overnighter. I hung around to say goodbye to my kids in the morning, then looked at the clock and thought crap I'd better pull my finger out and get moving as I'd said I'd be on site about 1pm.
I grabbed my bag from near the front door jumped in the car and got on my way. I'm a few streets away and my wife rings saying Mr10 is standing at the door upset as he had something for you so I head back to get a bear hug and a packet of lollies from him. Get back on my way and stop around the 200km mark for something to eat and a drink. Get to about the 350km mark and stop again as I need to have a pee break. At that point I have some strange feeling to check in the back of the car. Hmmm somethings wrong there's supposed to be two black backpacks in the back not one and the missing one is the one with the work laptops in it.
Oh Fuck or words to that effect issue from my mouth.
Turn around and start heading home, phone coverage is sketchy but I get through to the wife who's working from home who confirms the other black backpack is still in the dining room where I'd left it.
Eat a very large dish of humble pie and ask if there's any chance she could pop it in her car and start driving in my direction. Thankfully she agrees. We manage to miss each other as it's still pissing with rain but finally rendezvous and I get the backpack I really need. I then turn around and head back to where I'm supposed to be but have to go further to the next town where I'd booked accommodation. Luckily the job was only a bit over half a days worth and our client had booked in access for two days so they were cool.
I've just worked out I drove 925km that day.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
After taking my shin out the other day, I got out of bed yesterday morning, put the coffee machine on to warm up then went back to bed for a 10 min snooze. As I got in bed I had forgotten the shin, and put my weight on it, which caused me to remember it was sore, and react by snapping back upright, getting a cramp in my leg and doing my lower back in. Still sore today, to the point where it's difficult to wipe my arse. FFS.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I bought the HD3.3 when I need the 3.7 - there's no screw housing on the underside of the Evo clamp to actually fit the 3.3. TL/DR: I bought the Quadiem one by mistake.
Bugger. I’ve only found a RH 3.7. Heaps of drop shippers say they have it but actually don’t. Stock levels are low I guess. A shop in NZ had one but refused to pop it in the post.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
After taking my shin out the other day, I got out of bed yesterday morning, put the coffee machine on to warm up then went back to bed for a 10 min snooze. As I got in bed I had forgotten the shin, and put my weight on it, which caused me to remember it was sore, and react by snapping back upright, getting a cramp in my leg and doing my lower back in. Still sore today, to the point where it's difficult to wipe my arse. FFS.
Flinching is the leading cause of injury for over 40s!

Minlak

custom titis
Buy a theragun - Use it regularly to llosen up the hamstrings and arse muscles - back twinges will go down by 90% easy

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Buy a theragun - Use it regularly to llosen up the hamstrings and arse muscles - back twinges will go down by 90% easy
I do a foam roller routine, but not enough, my entire hip and arse is locked up on the right hand side so the theragun idea sounds solid.

Minlak

custom titis
I do a foam roller routine, but not enough, my entire hip and arse is locked up on the right hand side so the theragun idea sounds solid.
Most times your back cant actually go out - its kind of a solid thing (yes yes you can have degeneration and actual injury but thats not what I am talking about) you move a way the muscles don't want and they contract to protect you and then take days / weeks to heal (Jerks).

I get a lower back issue I went to a Chiro for ages for (shhhh don't tell my wife) and then I started massage on the muscles instead of manipulation and have never gone back. I will start to get a 'Twinge" in my lower back or feel tight and will start using the theragun on my arse - legs - lower back and it eases instantly - do it for a few more days and ignore it for the next 6 mths :)
Do it

Jpez

Down on the left!
That reminds me I did something similar. My driveway is real tight and if I’m careless and park too close to the fence I have to squeeze out through the gap left in the more than half closed car door. This requires a bit of body manipulation and a few yoga poses with one foot on the the ground, one foot still in the car with my upper body twisted 180 to my legs.
Arrive back from riding one day dehydrated and tired and park too close. Do my usual breath in and think thin dance except this time I got a massive cramp in my glute and thigh with one leg still in the car. This meant I wasn’t able to keep twisting to extricate myself. So half screaming in agony here I am trapped half in my ute and jammed up against the fence. I couldn’t get out. Finally the agony got too much and I had to scream out for help. The missus and kid come out to see what all the noise is and find me trapped.
she unfortunately found it quite amusing and stood there for a minute or two until she got her laughter under control and finally started yanking on my arm to pull me out which caused my cramp to get worse but finally pulled me free.
The pain from that cramp lasted about 4 days.
I get bad leg cramps at night sometimes and wake up screaming and the missus has to jump up and help straighten my leg.
cramps suck.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I remember riding to the top of a hill on my road bike years ago. At the top is a T junction so I came to a stop and went to unclip as usual, but in doing so my foot and calf cramped up. Not wanting to fall over I quickly shifted my weight to the other side to unclip my left foot, but that too cramped up.

So now with neither foot unclipped and both in states of cramp, I fell over onto the road. As I tried to get up, my abs started to cramp up followed by my neck. To a passer-by, I would have looked like a cycling member of the living dead!

Fortunately no one saw me, and extra bonus point - no tree to break my fall :D