COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
the Vid (as you call it)
I hate the word 'covid' :mad:

Probably more so, I f%#king hate people who repeatedly have a whinge then finish it with 'since covid'

I listened to a family friend (in SA) have a bleating whinge about all the things that 'covid' had stopped her doing and how it had impacted her, I actually felt like punching her in the face after hearing her finish 10 sentences with 'since covid'.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So why the change of tune in both countries ?
At a guess, 1) children/teens can now suffer with potentially quite nasty symptoms with the Delta strain at relatively high rates, and 2) vaccines really being as much about reducing transmission as much as reducing severity of symptoms of the vaccinated.

Both are crucial for minimising the load on our hospitals and ICU's.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I was hopeful that we'd get it under control quickly in Canberra. Now I'm getting to the stage that I'm peeved that my business is effectively shut down while it looks like construction and fast food businesses are open and are the continuing sources of transmission in Canberra.

Also, an audit yesterday of 10 open businesses (type not mentioned) had 8 of them failing to comply with the rules.

Basically, let's shut it all down. Do it properly or not at all. I can't see how construction is essential or fast food. If they can't do the right thing then shut them down. They truly are ruining it for the rest of us. Imagine if this keeps dragging on indefinitely all because we "need" to keep pandering to some influential but really non-essential businesses.
Fast food just comes undertakeaway/food. That's all some people eat. If you shut one type of food business down, there would be a riot. "why is this food allowed and not this one?" Would be the rhetoric. Is food essential? Yes. Is fast food essential, sadly yes.

Construction is one of a handfuls of cornerstones of our economy and one of the primary reasons we've not slid into a deep recession. It's considdered key.

Agree though a 2-4 week hit upfront would be a better outcome overall, but ive made the point before that its logistically impossible.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I hate the word 'covid' :mad:

Probably more so, I f%#king hate people who repeatedly have a whinge then finish it with 'since covid'

I listened to a family friend (in SA) have a bleating whinge about all the things that 'covid' had stopped her doing and how it had impacted her, I actually felt like punching her in the face after hearing her finish 10 sentences with 'since covid'.
Haha, I figured it must've been something like that - it just took me about a week to realise that you were talking about covid and not some random video I'd missed in some off-topic RB thread post somewhere. :p

Jpez

Down on the left!
I was hopeful that we'd get it under control quickly in Canberra. Now I'm getting to the stage that I'm peeved that my business is effectively shut down while it looks like construction and fast food businesses are open and are the continuing sources of transmission in Canberra.

Also, an audit yesterday of 10 open businesses (type not mentioned) had 8 of them failing to comply with the rules.

Basically, let's shut it all down. Do it properly or not at all. I can't see how construction is essential or fast food. If they can't do the right thing then shut them down. They truly are ruining it for the rest of us. Imagine if this keeps dragging on indefinitely all because we "need" to keep pandering to some influential but really non-essential businesses.
I’m a Master Builders member and I receive regular email updates. The emails have been getting more and more annoyed in tone. Yesterday’s email was pure exasperation. Like FFS guys stop being morons you are going to get us shut down! We have been lobbying the government like crazy to keep you idiots in work so Please please please follow the fucking directives! It’s easy! - paraphrasing.
The MBA are well aware they have been given a golden ticket. It’s a pity the majority of their members are too thick or stubborn to see that.

ozzybmx

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I’m a Master Builders member and I receive regular email updates. The emails have been getting more and more annoyed in tone. Yesterday’s email was pure exasperation. Like FFS guys stop being morons you are going to get us shut down! We have been lobbying the government like crazy to keep you idiots in work so Please please please follow the fucking directives! It’s easy! - paraphrasing.
The MBA are well aware they have been given a golden ticket. It’s a pity the majority of their members are too thick or stubborn to see that.
Dare I say it...?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It wasn't really scientific in the UK -

The science I'm referring to is the reams of objective data showing kids getting Increasingly more fucked by covid than before. The position of "clinically justified" is an extension of that scientific evidence.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It's like the minute somone whacks on a CFMEU hoodie, they lose half their IQ

ozzybmx

The science I'm referring to is the reams of objective data showing kids getting Increasingly more fucked by covid than before. The position of "clinically justified" is an extension of that scientific evidence.
This was a week ago in my old secondary school.

Even know the UK is 'Open', corona clusters and cases still have them shutting stuff down.

The disruption in schools for all years is a big issue.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I am currently working on a major ACT construction project which has been allowed to recommence.
Last week the Contractor had 2x visits from WorkSafe, another two from CFMMEU. And this is a good Contractor who is doing everything by their Covid Safe plan.
I was supposed to have the reno to our bathroom start yesterday until the builder advised over the weekend that he can't start new work in occupied premises due to the current restrictions.

Everything isn't rosy in Construction ATM.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I am currently working on a major ACT construction project which has been allowed to recommence.
Last week the Contractor had 2x visits from WorkSafe, another two from CFMMEU. And this is a good Contractor who is doing everything by their Covid Safe plan.
I was supposed to have the reno to our bathroom start yesterday until the builder advised over the weekend that he can't start new work in occupied premises due to the current restrictions.

Everything isn't rosy in Construction ATM.
All my work is internal residential. Definitely not rosy in my world.
I ride past a dozen building sites a day here in Melbourne. No masks. Not a single one. Apparently they are going to run a blitz. Hopefully the threat of fines will force some builders to enforce the guidelines on their sites. But it’s a top down culture thing. If the main contractor doesn’t give a shit none of his subbies will either. And I’m convinced that peer pressure plays a role too. If you are a young tradie with half a brain that wants to do the right thing and wear a mask at least but your ‘mates’ laugh at you for it there’s a good chance they’ll just follow the crowd.