COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
The unfortunate truth is that all of this could be over if it wasn't for the interests of certain businesses. It's infuriating to know this and it creates a lot of cognitive dissonance with the experience of the last 2 years, so I completely get the desire people have to remain ignorant to the bigger issues at play in the handling of this virus.
So sad.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The unfortunate truth is that all of this could be over if it wasn't for the interests of certain businesses. It's infuriating to know this and it creates a lot of cognitive dissonance with the experience of the last 2 years, so I completely get the desire people have to remain ignorant to the bigger issues at play in the handling of this virus.
So sad.
I've got a fruit loop mate that sends me this horse conch's videos.
First thing to note is this guy is making more than 5k US a week from his videos.
I had to laugh when he dismissed the work of PhD students because they weren't doctors of medicine but he isn't one himself.
Best of all, he lists the papers that he gets his information from but draws different conclusions from them than the authors do.
P.S. Check out how well Peru did with Ivermectin..

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
oh no just seen that Kyle (from the Kyle and April MTB videos) has several recorded talks with this fruit loop on his channel. Sad. not gonna watch them, just gonna make assumptions

Elbo

This guy is a nurse for fucks sake, and you are an ignoramus.

Lol.

A Pfizer spokesperson also denied the connection between the drugs, telling Reuters in an email: “Pfizer’s protease inhibitor is not similar to that of an animal medicine and is not the same mechanism.”
Do you deny that Pfizer has a vested interest in downplaying any similarity between the two drugs?
The wording here is a red herring.. no one is comparing 'animal medication' to Pfizer's new drug. And what animal medicine do they refer to?

I've got a fruit loop mate that sends me this horse conch's videos.
First thing to note is this guy is making more than 5k US a week from his videos.
Have you also researched how much Pfizer is making per week?
Did you watch the video?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
pfizer makes money hand over fist regardless of their participation in covid drug development. I think pfizers "down playing", as you put it, is to try to steer idiots away from thinking to themselves that these two are similar or the same and decide to get ivermectin from a stock feed joint rather than seeking medical help (currently not an uncommon scenario in parts of the world).

Please note, Merck, who make ivermectin have looked into its potential use for covid and they themselves say (paraphrased) "dont be a dickhead, it doesnt work for covid". Don't you think if ivermectin was actually effective, that the company that produces it would be singing it from the rooftops and competing to make that sweet sweet cash?

Link to said Merck statement - https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

Last edited:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
You're so far down the rabbit hole your probably not going to make it out but let's have a look at this.
What would motivate a government to deny a treatment works, do you think any bribes "big pharma" could pay would make up for the erosion of the tax base from lockdowns and the closing of businesses?
Why would a government spend 10's of thousands looking after covid patients in ICU if a 20 cent pill worked?
Do you really think even a Liberal government would let people die if there was a cheap option to save them and if so what would be their motivation?
Why did so many people who were taking Ivermectin in South America die?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
What would motivate a government to deny a treatment works, do you think any bribes "big pharma" could pay would make up for the erosion of the tax base from lockdowns and the closing of businesses?
yes, don't you know how much Pfizer is making a week?!

Why would a government spend 10's of thousands looking after covid patients in ICU if a 20 cent pill worked?
Research. the Nazi's made POWs sick in many different ways to test drugs and treatment efficacy. We have lots of drugs and treatements to thank them for today as a result of their horrific acts against humans. However we don't have any Nazis any more, so the NWO had to manufacture a virus or a scamdemic to allow similar testing to carry on in this current day and age, duh! dont you read the internet?

Do you really think even a Liberal government would let people die if there was a cheap option to save them and if so what would be their motivation?
Yes. The people dying are mainly elderly, poor socio economic back grounds or aren't contributing enough to warrant their place in Australia. this is the national squid game.

They obviously didn't take enough or took too much. Its so obvious you effing sheep

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p <- just in case you took ANY of the above seriously.

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
Do you deny that Pfizer has a vested interest in downplaying any similarity between the two drugs?
Sadly there's this thing called science and any deceit let alone downplaying would be called out quickly either by an internal whistleblower or the wider scientific community.

It's amazing that people will go to olympic level mental gymnastics to fit their beliefs but are more rigid than steel girders when evidence to the contrary is clearly presented.

moorey

call me Mia
You're so far down the rabbit hole your probably not going to make it out but let's have a look at this.
Ima play devils advocate here, even though I don't actually believe this...

1. (some) Politicians get lobbied unethically and illegally and accept kickbacks all the time. The US is more rife with this, particularly the right wing, needing to keep big donors happy. You do what's right for them, you get the personal perks, and after leaving office, they take you in for a job that pays REAL money. (US tax cuts for the wealthy and mining/logging/oil companies destroying the planet but raking in the money, anyone?)

In the end, the economy, the environment, peoples welfare and health don't really matter to someone who has got their cut an aren't personally impacted.

2. Jesus. The religious base of the LNP don't think anyone but God can cause/cure covid any more than they think humans can effect the climate. God will sort it out.

3. Other stuff

A government is just people. People are greedy, selfish and fallible....particularly the demographic that is attracted to the power that being in politics brings.

As I say, I don't believe all that, I'm more optimistic and trusting of (most) government than I probably should be. I wholeheartedly blame social media for the ability to spread and compound misinformation, and remain totally unaccountable for it.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just to add to that - if the vaccines had issues I doubt the elite (billionaires, Presidents, CEOs etc. etc.) would be getting it first.

Elbo

There are only so many times you can use the excuse 'I'm sorry honey, this has never happened to me before'.
Pfizer solved that particular problem
Jump over to the climate change thread and its full of calling out conflicts of interest and the shitness of big business in destroying the earth, but somehow this thread escapes any critique.

1. Lockdowns and erosion of the tax base are separate issues to selecting treatments and health policy responses.
  2. Good question. I don't know. Why would a government not look into any other options, cheap or expensive? Why would the government threaten doctors with deregistration for stating any opinion contrary to the health policy response?
  3. No ill-intent is necessary. People dying in a pandemic is not isolated to the virus itself, there are many interacting factors. These factors are not being investigated.
  4. I don't know. Do you?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Came across an article by Carlo M. Cipolla called The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity: http://harmful.cat-v.org/people/basic-laws-of-human-stupidity/

It may have been written tongue-in-cheek or not but the third "law" is one that seems descriptive of the anti-vaxxers/covidiots:

"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses."

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
Jump over to the climate change thread and its full of calling out conflicts of interest and the shitness of big business in destroying the earth, but somehow this thread escapes any critique.
  1. Lockdowns and erosion of the tax base are separate issues to selecting treatments and health policy responses.
  2. Good question. I don't know. Why would a government not look into any other options, cheap or expensive? Why would the government threaten doctors with deregistration for stating any opinion contrary to the health policy response?
  3. No ill-intent is necessary. People dying in a pandemic is not isolated to the virus itself, there are many interacting factors. These factors are not being investigated.
  4. I don't know. Do you?
Except COVID directly affects the bottom line of said businesses that are destroying the earth.

1. Please explain
  2. Who's to say they aren't or haven't? Also, do you want disorganised carte blanche response to a national (global) crisis?
  3. So you're saying those same people would have died if COVID hadn't of arrived?
  4. Yes, because they took doses too large for humans to handle. Also related to number 2.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Ivermectin is pushed by anti-vaxxers and others with destabilising agenda (Trump, Craig Kelly, troll-bot bad actors etc). Ivermectin has not been proven to be relevant in treating covid19.

Read what actual medical doctors who work in actual ICU have to say:

https://onepagericu.com/blog/debunking-ivermectin-a-complete-guide

There’s no point in dOinG yorE own reSEarCh if you’re not educated in the field of epidemiology/immunology so have the humility to defer to their expertise.