Newly Released Bikes General

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
PON Bikes bought out Dorel Sports back in October, for about $800m. So they now own Cannondale, GT, (Schwinn & Mongoose).
Considering they already own Focus, Cervelo and Santa Cruz, they have just paid nearly $1billion for another three warranty headaches.
Keep an eye out in the job search engines for customer service positions....

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
PON Bikes bought out Dorel Sports back in October, for about $800m. So they now own Cannondale, GT, (Schwinn & Mongoose).
Considering they already own Focus, Cervelo and Santa Cruz, they have just paid nearly $1billion for another three warranty headaches.
Keep an eye out in the job search engines for customer service positions....
I dunno man, when u charge $4k for a carbon frame made by low South China wages one frame probably covers 10+ replacements. It’s genius.

actual photo of PON shareholders upset about the warranty return rate below.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Before qutting your current job, may I suggest a work placement in your LBS for...lets say...three days... That should be ample time to encouarge you to stay well away from the world of cycling warranties.... "I was just riding along, and the frame snapped".....JRA.
Customers are customers, but a bike is a lot more simple than a hybrid diesel-electric bus!

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
So you were riding a Yeti right?
Yeti...Cannondale...Trek...Scott....Focus...etc...etc...

The last Yeti I had (and the last one I will ever buy) was the very first generation of the new ASR XC bike. Pulled the frame out of the box, popped the fork and wheels in and instantly noticed a big wobble in the reat end. Took the linkages and bearing s out and with trusted vernier in hand, found that the bearings were slopping about in the carbon insets like a pencil in a loo roll....quick call to Rowneys... "oh yeah, sorry about that, they've messed up at the carbon factory and none of them fit. But dont worry, they are remaking new rear triangles and we'll have you one within a month or so, until then...don't ride it"...FFS.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Before qutting your current job, may I suggest a work placement in your LBS for...lets say...three days... That should be ample time to encouarge you to stay well away from the world of cycling warranties.... "I was just riding along, and the frame snapped".....JRA.
I was visiting a mate who owned a 4wd accessories franchise a few years back. He and a couple of the sales people were watching some video on a phone. It was a Ranger that they had fitted a lift kit to. It was jumping over sand dune after sand dune, on Moreton if I recall. Literally 10 mins later same Ranger pulled up in the carpark. Owner complaining new suspension cracked the chassis. No sir, just driven to the shops, haven't been off road yet, not overloaded. Oh, so this isn't you? Numberplate clearly visible.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
I was visiting a mate who owned a 4wd accessories franchise a few years back. He and a couple of the sales people were watching some video on a phone. It was a Ranger that they had fitted a lift kit to. It was jumping over sand dune after sand dune, on Moreton if I recall. Literally 10 mins later same Ranger pulled up in the carpark. Owner complaining new suspension cracked the chassis. No sir, just driven to the shops, haven't been off road yet, not overloaded. Oh, so this isn't you? Numberplate clearly visible.
That's GOLD. We get that kind of shit nearly everyday...from dudes we know do Gravity Enduro and downhill...It drains the life out of me...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No doubt. But I suspect you dont get too mnay bus owner coming into you and telling you what's wrong with their bus, becasue they "googled" it. And their mate, who has been driving buses since Easter, says that it's a definate warranty....
Buses, not so much - Trucks, every-fuckin'-day.

"I need a new light control module because I've got a headlight out"
"Have you checked the headlight globes?"
"No, it won't be that. My mate had a headlight out the other day and he replaced the LCM and it fixed it."
"Are you sure it's not just a globe?"
"I know what I need, I just told you my friend has the same thing."
"I can sell you an LCM, but they're ~$1000, and can't be returned if they've been fitted."
"Just get it."

2 hours later:

"Hi, I want to return this LCM, it didn't fix my headlight."
"How do you know it didn't fix the problem?"
"I fitted it and the headlight's still out. That's why I want to return it. It was just a headlight globe blown."
"Unfortunately, as we discussed earlier - I cannot take this back."
"Why not?"

(Actual exchange with customer)